"But your mess is my mess. That's kind of how relationships work, baby." I clarified.

"I'm safe, I'm doing what I got to do and that's that. Don't be so worried about me, aight?" He ended the topic while smooshing my cheeks in his right hand. I still wanted to protest and find out the truth, but I had to trust him if I wanted us to stay in a good place. 

"What do you want for breakfast? Something from Starbucks?" He asked as we came to a red light.

"That's fine." I said right away before putting my attention back on texting Blake that I was on my way. When we made it to the drive thru line, I placed my normal order and Jay paid for everything. A few minutes later he pulled up to the hospital entrance. I had a brief flashback for when I did this secret handoff with him before my truth came to the light, so I silently thanked the Lord that living my life in secrecy was no more.

"You'll call me right before your shift ends right?"

"Yes. Shouldn't be no more then 8 hours since I'm only presenting and teaching."

"Cool." .. "I love you." He added as I grabbed my purse off the floor. I puckered my lips and leaned in for a kiss.

"I love you, baby! I'll see you later."

For him one kiss just wasn't enough, so he pulled me back in for another and I melted in his arms. "Babe-.. Jay!" I playfully protested. "I gotta go." I added as my time was running out. We finally separated and I got out the car with ease then made my way through the double doors. Automatically, a group of older volunteers from the hospital showered me with love. They handed me a small bouquet of sunflowers and a specialized Doctor's Week pin to place on my coat before snapping a quick photo of my earnings.

"Dr. Knowles!" I heard Blake say from behind me. I turned on my heels and smiled at my best friend.

"Dr. Lively!" I matched her enthusiasm. We held our arms open for one another and performed the greatest hug of all time.

"It's so good to see you, I still think you're upset with me about what happened at the party." Blake revealed.

"Girl please, it was just a simple mistake. Jay took it the wrong way." I spoke as we walked down the long hallway.

"As long as he knows we mean no harm. If you're both up for it, maybe we can do a double date?"

"At Cipriani's!?" I said with a gasp. Blake's eyes grew wide and we squealed in excitement.  "Then it's a date!" I added before we made it to the spacious auditorium. Guests paused at our entrance and looked at us in an admiral manner while we took our seats.

"Thank you everyone for being in attendance today for our kickoff seminar for Doctor's Week!" The event speaker announced at the podium. "We have a very packed agenda that include seminars, Q&A sessions, and all the gifts in the world since you all do so much for the healthcare community."

Everyone paused for a round of applause until she signaled to speak again. "Now without further ado I would like to welcome the one you've all been waiting for, Dr. Beyoncé Knowles! Dr. Knowles is the most renown orthopedic surgeon not only here at NY Presbyterian but also in the state of New York and beyond. She has been named New York's Best Doctor a multitude of times and has received an abundance of rewards to recognize her ongoing effort to heal our growing population. I remember meeting her at the tender age of twenty-one, fresh out of college and beginning her med school rotation. Right away, she proved to be a star in her own light. To all who are blessed to be in her presence report feeling highly motivated and ready to follow in her footsteps without any doubt, which has led her to also being our greatest educator here in the facility. I'll stop my speech for now and bring her forward; Dr. Knowles, everyone!"