Chapter 1

I was finally done with the work H.R dumped on me, I laid down on my couch, my head resting on a cushion. I scrolled through my orders I made online, one thing I've been keeping an eye on for the longest time was, of course, the Final Fantasy VII: Remake in my list, every day without fail I would make sure to check if it was on the way, but once again it says it was stuck somewhere.

I sighed and closed the phone and set it aside on my coffee table to the right of me. As a kid, I would adore the Final Fantasy series and I'd make sure to save up enough to buy the games, figurines, posters and whatnot.

"I can't believe it! I paid whatever savings I had for this game and it still hasn't arrived yet?! It's been almost 2 weeks!" I seethed out in frustration, "Okay, okay, just breathe, the company is likely getting a lot of orders because people are panicking, my problem shouldn't be that big of a deal, right? Right!"

I hopped off the couch and stood straight up ready to de-stress and what better way than to play the original Final Fantasy VII and just go straight back to the past? This was the only way I could let loose and relax and that was to play games on my console.

Yelling at random NPC's that glitched out or even those characters that annoyed the heck out of you is comforting in a way, normal people might call me crazy but I am 100% sure that at least a few gamers agree with me, I hope.

I found the game on my shelf that was dedicated to the series, I loaded up my old PlayStation1, which I, of course, took good care of and this baby still works fine and dandy, I placed the game in the console.

I set my hands on the controller and waited for the loading screen to pop up and when it showed up, that meteor behind the title screen which read "Final Fantasy VII" in bold letters made me feel nostalgic, it's been far too long since I last even bothered taking a glance at the game.

Time went by and I gradually made progress just trying my best to pass time the best I could. I dragged Cloud to every nook and cranny in hopes of finding a new materia somewhere but none showed up which I should have expected, it bothered me that Cloud's hair and eyes we're super high quality for the time but his body looked like dumbells just stuck together but I don't think I can complain, I still love it anyway.

All the characters in this game just made my heart clench, they each had such unique personas and stories to them that it made me want to hold onto them more, even the "Villains" especially Sephiroth, his whole dynamic as a villain came forward in such a way that he felt well rounded and it was quite obvious the amount of work that went to the making of his character.

Cloud, on the other hand, who was the hero of FF7 showed us an interesting character development that not only felt complete, but it felt real.

Aerith was a mysterious character to me, she had her fun-loving side, her being as an ancient and yet she had such a dark side to her, where her emotions of sadness and isolation were all so raw. She had so much going on about her that I felt I wanted more.

Nonetheless, if  'that' scene ever plays, I will be crying into a bucket to fill up my tears.

Tifa was a wonderful character that supported Cloud's role as a hero and deepened the weight of her role to help him out. On her own, she was such an emotional character that stayed strong and stood for what she felt was right.

And I mustn't forget, the ship that I had created for Cloud and Tifa. Tifa had Cloud's back when he needed it, plus, they were cute together.

Unfolding all these memories brought a smile to my face, I turn off my PS1 and just trudged my way to my couch and closed my eyes, my mind still on the topic of the game.

                                     • • •

"Aww just look at how beautiful she is! Oh my! I think I see her eyes twitch!"

"Shh! You're waking her up!"

'Who is in my apartment? Okay, this is weird what's going on?'

My eyes slowly opened and felt somewhat, small, which was odd, I'm pretty sure I am tall and this doesn't feel like the couch, it's somewhat stiff when I opened my eyes entirely, all could see were these wooden bars that stood tall.

'Do jails have wood bars? Or am I just imagining it?'

"Look at that Honey she's awake! She isn't even crying! Now that's a miracle!" I heard a man's voice, I'm sure I locked my front door before I slept.

"Dear, you're being too loud, you already woke her up, don't scare her now." This time I heard a woman's voice, the two who spoke are likely a couple but I haven't the slightest clue why they are looking at me like I'm a precious being.

'Come to think of it, are people usually that tall? This is odd, they look like Giants!'

I reached my hands out only to realise I can't reach the two people, "Aww look I think she wants to be held!" The Woman grinned.

'No, no I think the flip not, you're not going to lay a single han- No! My hands! Did they shrink?!'

The woman scooped me up as if I was just a pillow and held me close to her chest, Close enough that I could hear her heartbeat. "You are the most cutest baby I've ever seen in my entire life, oh look how soft your cheeks are!" The woman squealed.

'Yes, yes, I know I'm cute- wait! Baby?! What?!'