Chapter 26

Jacks POV

Rhianna hasn’t been to school for 2 weeks since Camerons death. I miss seeing her around even though I wouldn’t talk to her and in all honesty I'm in love with her.

Of course I was in pain since Camerons death but I could only imagine how much worse it must be for her.

I usually spend the mornings before school waiting near the entrance hoping she would come but since she hasn’t turned up for 2 weeks I decided there’s no point today so I go straight  to my locker and grab my books before making my way to class.

When I walk in I’m greeted by JJ. Sammy gives me a head nod since he’s still pissed about what happened last time I saw Rhianna.

I don’t blame him. I was a jerk and she didn’t deserve that especially when I went to talk to Brittany.

I begin to look down at my books and try and think of knew lyrics for a song I’m currently writing.

The class all turns silent when I hear someone enter the room.

I look up and see Rhianna.

Her eyes were dull and she had an emotionless expression. She was wearing tights and an oversize jumper.

We briefly made eye contact but she looked down at her black combat boots.

Rhiannas POV

I walk into the class room to be greeted with sympathetic eyes. I hate this.

It was like Shawn all over again.

I soon make eye contact with Jack but I quickly dart my eyes to my shoes.  Slowly I walk to my desk and take a seat before putting my bag next to me so no one sits there.

I feel everyone’s eyes on me.

I don’t look up and keep my eyes on my book.

They teacher soon walks into the room.

She begins to call out the roll until it gets to my name.

I raise my hand to signal I’m here as I receive sympathetic smile.

Once she’s finished marking the roll we begin class as I stay silent the whole time.

I can feel eyes on me but I don’t dare to look up.

I play with my bracelet and remain silent the whole lesson.

As soon as the bell rings I shoot out of the class room and head to music.

 I walk in and quickly take a seat in the far corner.

Students begin to fill the classroom. I keep my eyes on my desk and continue to draw random things.

I’m interrupted by the sound of high heels clicking against the hard floor.

I look up and see Brittany looking down at me with a smug expression on her face.

“Look who finally decided to show up” she says with a smirk before taking her seat.

I’m actually glad she was treating me the same unlike everyone else.

*skip to afterschool*

Today was one of the worst days of my life.

All I got was sympathy. People who I didn’t even know were trying to talk to me but I ignored them.

I’m currently at my locker getting my bag out and grabbing my books so I can get out of here as soon as possible.

I begin to walk again when someone trips me which causes my books to fly out of my hands.

I look up and see Brittany smirking. Before I can do anything Jack storms over.

“Brittany I swear to god if you don’t fuck off and leave her alone we're going to have some trouble”

“Oh come on it was just a joke she can handle it”

“Shut up and stop being suck a pathetic bitch” Jack yells while he clenches his jaw before I but in

“Jack I think you need to go” I said

“Are you fucken kidding me, I’m sticking up for you yet you want me to go.”

“I don’t want your sympathy Jack, the only reason you’re doing this is because you feel sorry for me. Brittanys the only one who is treating me like my best friend hasn’t just died and I’m actually thankful for it”

“Of course you are. Nothing I fucken do is ever good enough for you, Well fuck you Rhianna don’t bother talking to me again, I’m seriously done with you and your bullshit” He says before he storms off.

What he said actually hurt. It wasn’t that he wasn’t good enough for me it was that I wasn’t good enough for him. He deserves someone better than me.

I sigh and begin to walk to my car.

As I drive home I begin to cry as what Jack said replayed in my head. How could he think he isn’t good enough?

He was more then good enough. He was perfect.

When I arrive home I walk into my room and replay what had happened today