hoodies and daydreams

To my love,

You have come to me, saying my hoodie doesn't smell like me anymore. So I'm lying in bed, wearing a different hoodie, the next one you'll steal, so during the quarantine, it can smell like me, like my home a little longer. I mean, the last one, it took a while. But I'll be happy to wear it too, it'll smell like you. I love it when we swap the hoodies and it smells like you. It's stupidly stupid, but I love it just the same. At least this means, I'll get my hoodies back every now and again. With the virus around, and the fact that this will keep us apart for a while, I'd be happy to wear hoodies for you.

Earlier today I was at the store and tempted to get some new plushies. I have $50 in cash and, honestly it's hard not to get some. Luckily I couldn't find the section that housed them, so my wallet is still full. Recently, with nothing better to do, my imagination has come back. So rather than working on important things, or while working on important things, I've been daydreaming much more. Dreaming of things we'd talk about. Of things that you, always say you have no ideas on. Daydreaming of a life, future together. Oh how I could just keep daydreaming of living in the same home, sleeping in the same bed. I can daydream of coming home from work, and looking forward to see you. Dream of finals cooking for someone who has taste, someone who likes things I so so I can see if it's tasty enough normally for me to jazz it up. My favorite thing to daydream, is us on the holidays. I have no clue how it'd work... With us having different holidays and all. But, I know, I'll have had to learn the few important songs so we can have our own made up holiday where it's just us, imperfect, and probably bad singers, but together, enjoying the music. To be fair, I am tone deaf, but, I have learned how to sing properly, if I can get the right starting note. But that's a big if.

Even with that, I'll be excited to have the hoodie that smells like you now. I will wash it, because, I have to. But I know it'll smell like you for a bit. I actually remember, back when we started going out. It was just the first week, and I thought, you didn't smell great. It wasn't, the best in my world. Not that you're smelly, you just, smelled, not like a cotton breeze. Instead, you were salty tears, wood dust, probably a bit of leaves and nature. Then, it didn't take long for me to realize, you smelled like the one object that sang my heart and soul. My puppy. Now you are like how the scent of cotton in the woods caught me. Staining my senses in the most intoxicating and drugging way. So I can close my eyes, and almost feel you there for a moment. Maybe its weird, but, I love it. I love you. And I'm counting down the days until our anniversary, always.

sincerely,
me