Ch. 74 - Messing Up

Start from the beginning

I landed my hand on the steering wheel, looking out the car window. “A-About the time Heartbreaker came out.”

“Oh really? So that was when you kissed me, had dry sex with me and led me on only to leave me over some bullshit like the fact that I’m not famous!” she yelled. “But hold on.. It’ll all be okay after you knock up your ex because she’s famous.”

“Jackie..”

“You’re such an asshole,” she said lowly before hanging up.

I closed my eyes, leaning back on my chair and letting out a deep breath.

Great. Fucking great.

I dropped my phone next to me and punched the car wheel, causing the vehicle to honk. I muttered five different curse words before putting my car on reverse, backing out of the parking spot and driving out into the street.

I made it near Jackie’s house before I got off my car and walked with my hands stuffed into my pockets. I reached the store Robin had talked to me about and quickly got inside, walking to a small corner and leaning against the door.

I didn’t exactly know what to do. Do I just stand here and see if Tyler ever walks in? How long do I wait before I leave?

I lowered my head, staring at the floor as I thought about Jackie. It hasn’t been long since we’ve been together and I already fucked up our relationship. Heck, it was fucked before it even started. I made so many mistakes since I met her, starting with the fact that it took me forever to accept her as something that could potentially be good in my life. I only pushed her away because I thought it was what was best for her, even though I now realize that’s not the answer.

But having sex with Alicia, smoking, hanging out with a bad crew, having sex with Katie, smoking some more, getting into fights, and having such a negative attitude.. I was at a dark place. And Jackie was the one who helped me out.

I understand why she’s mad. I didn’t have any right to walk out on her last night because she made one mistake. If she even considers that a mistake, I don’t know. But look at all the ones I’ve made in my lifetime.

I shook my head, clearing my thoughts before raising my head back up.

What am I doing?

I sighed again, slowly making my way out of the store. Who gives a fuck about Tyler when I have Jackie?

That is, if she isn’t still so mad at me..

I picked up my pace and, before I knew it, I was in front of Jackie’s house. I raised my fist in the air and knocked on the front door before waiting. I counted the seconds in my head, and when I reached 20, the door swung open and I was face to face with the girl I love.