Weird story but eventually he taught me his skill of lock picking.

"Thank you, Aiden." I breathe out, looking up towards the sky in silent prayer. Maybe he was looking out for me.

Shoving the fork into the lock, I giggle it around a little. If I can remember right, you just have to use the right angle to get the lock to pop.

click.

An evil feline grin covers my face, stretching from ear to ear.

I waste no time, running out of the cell and through the darkness. I extend my hands out in front of me preparing to slam into a random wall. I have no idea how big this room is.

By a miracle, I find the large door that leads out of this hell hole. With shaky fingers, I find the handle and pry it open. An obnoxiously loud creak tickles my ears as I pull the large door open. Light almost blinds me from the hallway I have entered.

Is it daytime?

Once my eyes regain their focus, I make my way down the hallway. It is wide and filled with paintings. Odd entrance to a dungeon. I walk slowly, gaping at the old paintings.

Shaking my head I decide I better pick up the pace before my captor returns. I fast walk towards the end of the long hallway. A single oak door greets me.

Taking a deep breath, I swing the door open.

Another hallway. This one is different though. It has massive windows on one side, showing me that it is not day time, but night. A raging storm blows outside. I watch the dark trees sway violently with the wind.

A clap of lightning illuminates the place. The hallway is larger than the other and carpeted with a long navy blue rug. Looking down the endless hallway, I see at least half a dozen doors. Turning around the other side is the same.

This place is a maze.

Thinking quickly, I decide to go to my left. I jog down the hallway, looking for an exit. I need an escape. Time is ticking down until he realizes I am missing.

Finally I reach the end of the hallway and a gap in the windows reveals a door to the outside. I push through the door and am greeted with cold wind and rain that soaks me instantly.

Gripping my fork, I make a run for it. Wind threatens to blow me away while the frozen rain bites at my limbs. I run down a small dirt path until I reach forest.

If you shift you can run faster.

If I shift he can track me, I bite back at my wolf. Not yet.

I continue my trek through the forest, checking periodically behind me for a monster lurking in the shadows.

The rain blurs my vision, and naturally, I trip over a log. Slamming into the dirt, I debate just lying here and crying. My shoulder burns with pain as I heave myself back to my feet.

Brushing off as mud as I can, I turn in a small circle.

Wait, what direction did I come from?

I can see the headlines now, "Girl lost in forest, never found". I shudder at the thought.

Just when it couldn't get any worse, I hear a familiar predatory growl, making my eyes widen.

Fear and adrenaline take over, forcing my feet to start running again. He can't get me. He will surely kill me now.

I run as fast as my frozen legs can take me, the rain feeling like bullets against my skin.

I look behind me and see nothing, am I imagining the growl?