Chapter 4: Friends

Start from the beginning

"Now, Kitten, imagine this: you actually tell me who you work for, who you really are, and why you are here. Well, I know why you're here, per se, but rather the reason that got you here to this point." He grabbed one of the chairs from the corner of the room and dragged it to a stop in front of me. He sat down and crossed one of his legs over the other, never letting his eyes look anywhere but me.

"I have nothing to tell you," I croak out, each word was causing extreme pain to spread throughout my ribs.

"Well, funny story, Keeley, you do have "stuff " to tell me, and that I know for a damn fact." His voice was starting to get a slight edge to it and his head slightly cocked to the side. "So, I am giving you another choice, Darling. Tell me what I want to know, and this pain you feel can all go away."

"I will tell you nothing," I let out in a breathy voice as my head falls back in pain.

He stood up out of the chair quickly, successfully knocking it to the ground. He marched up to me and lowered his head until we were face to face, and only then did he speak: "I am not a patient man, Keeley. Yet for you, I give you chance and chance again instead of just shooting you right through that pretty little head of yours like I would anyone else."

His face had contorted to anger, causing his youthful side to be drowned out by pure madness. His hands made their way around my neck, and he began to squeeze ever so slightly."Your life has been in my hands, Darling, and I'm handing it back over to you for just one second to make this decision. Make. The Right. One." His voice goes into a breathy whisper with the last words, and I can see in his eyes that he is crazy, sick, and his actions are only supporting that. His hands continued to squeeze as my body withered back and forth, trying to escape his now tight hold on my neck.

I knew the next words I said were crucial to my well-being. It would be so easy right now to just give in, to tell him everything he wants to know, but I know I can't.

"N-no," I manage to spit out. His grip tightens, even more, causing black dots to fill my vision.

"One more chance, Kitten. That is all you will get," he warns. His voice is coming out in angry whispers. He has never sounded this hateful before.

I struggle to stay conscious as my airway is letting less and less air through. I have so much to say to him, so much hate to give.

"F-fuck you."

He suddenly lets go of my neck, causing me to cough and inhale as much air as possible. He gives me a second to catch my breath, and when I look up, I don't even recognize the now sinister look dancing in his eyes. A deep chuckle rumbles up from his chest as a vile smirk spreads its way across his face.

"Oh, sweet Keeley. Once again: the wrong choice." His hand comes up and slowly strokes the side of my bruised and bloody face.

"Vas zhdet mir boli."
(A world of pain awaits you)

***

I awoke from my dream grasping at my throat. Tears were pouring out of my eyes as I couldn't catch my breath and an uneasy feeling was starting to rise up my throat.

I jumped up out of my bed and ran to the bathroom, emptying everything in my stomach, which wasn't very much considering I had skipped dinner.

I sat on the cold bathroom floor while trying to calm myself down and wiped the tears from my eyes. The dreams are getting worse and I have no idea as to why. Even after I got out of there, the dreams were never this bad.