33. The three Crazy dorks

Start from the beginning

And then Beam's dad left. He was so miserable before that, every time they both fought and he hid under the bed, scared of all the shouting and breaking stuff. In Phana's opinion, he would miss his dad but he was only five to even remember him right and he also had his mom and brother. While Kit had his whole family including grandparents and aunts and uncles and he was already recovering with their love and care but Beam?

He literally had no one else. His parent went through a huge custody battle, both being important people with strong backgrounds, their very public fight which might also had been the first ever custody battle where both parties tried their best to get cut from the child's responsibility because they both had careers. They could see the scared look on their cute little friend every time he was walked into a courtroom because they both waited outside with P'Deer, Kit's big brother. Then when Beam would be walked out under flashes of camera and he would run and hide in both their arms because he was so scared. 

That's when Pha and Kit decided they will be better parents for Beam than his stupid evil queen mother and the Lex Luther with good hair dad. Yeah, they were into comics and fairy tales those days.

He was the older one, he was the stronger one, so obviously, he was responsible for the other two troublemakers. And they were both a handful. Kit was so fragile due to his cancer, all the time he spent in hospital doing therapy, he was short, weak, unable to play or even run around, getting chubby easily and still hotheaded with a lot of insecurities that made him an easy target for bullies while Beam, Beam was a magnet for trouble. He was so cute and adorable yet so sassy and naughty for his own good, smart mouthing with no full stop in his system. So it was Pha's duty to chase away everyone who chased after that rascal. 

"Ouch! Pha!!! This shitty kitty hit me!!" Beam whined right into Pha's ear.

"You poked my cheek first you asshole!" Kit shouted. 

"I didn't"

"Yes you did!"

"No stupid!!! I poked your dimple, there's a difference" Beam said coolly and Pha facepalmed. Just great!

.
.

"Aren't you too old to be hugging Mr. Tuffy?" Kit shrugged when Pha glared at him.

"Cut it out!" Pha hissed while Beam hugged it even more tightly. "Beamie.. tell me where did she take you?" He patted a horrified Beam's head.

"P'Jean.. s-she took me up t-to her.. her room" Beam stammered. "I.. I told her I.. didn't want to.."

Pha and Kit blinked. They had a feeling of what might have happened but.. how could she? She was two years senior than them and already in high school for sure but Beam was just fourteen.

"... then she stood up and kissed me.." he ended his story.

"Wait.. with the same mouth she used on your.. you know.." Kit looked pointedly between Beam's legs.

"No stupid, she had a spare already put on the nightstand!" Beam snapped.

Pha smacked his head.

"Ouch... what?!" Kit whined.

"Not important!" Pha hissed at him.

"What? I've never even kissed, a guy could ask for details"

Pha gave him a what the fuck look and pointed at the still horrified Beam. Kit also patted Beam's head. "Okay.. it's okay. I'll ask later.. ouch! Fine never! Geez!"