Prologue (part II): Ms. Average

'All of these people and all of their friends
Look so good together and I don't fit in
'Cause they're picture perfect
And I'm on the end
Crop me out the photo so they can pretend
Like I don't exist'

...

"Lily can join us too." Alex said.

"It's Holly, it's not that hard to remember." Holly whispered to herself.

It annoys her that people still can't remember her name like she was a freshman. Holly Dimaandal is her complete name, her first name is from the song Holly Jolly because she was a December child and no second name, my parents have no effort to make me one. Her last name's etiology is native tagalog, which explains her filipina beauty and her tan skin or as what filipinos call, 'morena'. She wasn't ugly but she wasn't beautiful either, just a face that makes you appreciate for a moment but very forgettable.

Raquelle convinced her to sit with them and as Holly suspected, the three went on ignoring her and were completely focused on her bestfriend's gossip of the day, her summer lover. Holly's summer wasn't nearly as exciting as Raquelle's or any other person in this academy. It consists eating, studying, sleeping and the cycle begins again. The only exciting thing she did do was to lie and clean up every mess her sister made.

Feeling out of place, she goes to the comfort room and in the hallways, she saw the pair of two beautiful blue eyes that can still make her faze even though she stares at them quite often. He is the one and only Samuel Daemon Mills, her long time crush.

She's could've liked any guy in this academy, she could've liked a mathlete or someone at the chess club but she is always stuck with people higher than her kind, it was like a curse. Her bestfriend, the 'queen', her crush, the 'quarterback' and even her troubled sister is popular but it wouldn't be the right term to use, her sister was notorious but still, she was found at the top of the social food chain. Holly did not belong at the top nor the bottom, she's just in the middle, just average.

This time, things are gonna change. If she wants Samuel to notice her, she has got to stop being invisible. Step 1 is appearance. First impressions always last, she has to change the way she looked. She was wearing a red jumper dress over a white shirt and paired it with her beloved crocs, she should've worn gucci but then she gave it to her sister last week.

 She was wearing a red jumper dress over a white shirt and paired it with her beloved crocs, she should've worn gucci but then she gave it to her sister last week

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Scratch that, besides first impressions aren't always right so let's skip to the next step.

Step 2 is hang with the right crowd. The people you're with states how high or how low your social status is, hang with the populars then you are also one. If all else fails, proceed to step 3, her sister's spellbook. Everything she wishes to happen in her average life is in there, She just needs to practice her awful skills first but it shouldn't come that far, step 2 is still on the works.

She goes back to Raquelle and her friends and have finally mustered up a word to say. "Hey."

"Lily! did you know our queen finally has a boyfriend?" Alex has said her name wrong again.