"I'm...kinda, sorta, not really, but really, engaged," Rory told him. Stefan's eyes widened. He had always known Klaus was completely besotted with the Gilbert girl, but marriage is something Stefan hadn't imagined Klaus doing in his lifetime. "I mean, technically, it's not really an engagement. He's...proposing an engagement before the actual engagement, but I figure it's something to celebrate. Also, everyone here just loves to drink, so it's a good excuse to party."

"Wow. I'm really happy for you," Stefan said, and he meant it. Rory, he thinks, struggled the most in Mystic Falls. He hadn't forgotten the mental—and physical—torment he had put her through alongside his brother, and it's nice to see her so happy. He hadn't seen the doppelganger this carefree and hyped before; he only heard tales of Rory's party days back in high school.

"Thanks," Rory smiles happily, her cheeks warming. She's pleased. Stefan had no idea that the mere mention of Klaus Mikaelson could make someone so smiley, but he guessed that he really doesn't know the nature of their relationship. "If you're looking for Klaus, I can give him a call. He left for a bit to take a breather, but he's around here somewhere."

"That'd be great," Stefan responds.

"No need to call," Klaus' voice surprises Stefan due to his sudden close proximity, the hybrid's hand resting over the back of Stefan's chair. Stefan turns around to see the Original standing behind him, an eyebrow quirked in question. "My apologies, I was returning a call from one Kai Parker."

"Kai's here?" Stefan inquires. His resentment towards the heretic had long fizzled out—there was nothing he could do about the spell he put on Elena and Bonnie, but he knew that if Damon were to hear that Stefan came into contact with him and didn't kill him on sight, he'd blow a gasket.

"No, Kai's on vacation. He's in Portugal right now," Rory replied as Klaus sinks into a seat beside her. He rests his arm over the back of Rory's chair casually, cocking his head as he regards Stefan. Rory turns to face Klaus. "What did he say?"

"Nothing. He just ran into Rebekah on the way and wanted to let me know," Klaus shrugs.

"Hey, what do you know? You guys are friends," Rory teased.

"He called me Kieran, so I doubt it."

"He's just doing that to tease," Rory reassured him. She leaned forward, fixing the collar of his shirt. Klaus pulls a feather from Rory's head that landed in her hair from the boa around her neck.

Stefan examines their interaction with each other with interest. He had always thought of Klaus as a looming figure—dark and shadowy—in his life. He'd only seen Rory with Klaus a couple of times, and even then, it seemed that Rory had a small candle over Klaus. He listened to her. He still does. If Rory hadn't told Stefan she was just engaged (kinda, sorta, not really, but really) then he would've assumed they were married a long time ago.

"Well, let's address the elephant in the room, shall we?" Klaus breaks the silence, pulling Stefan out of his reverie. "Stefan Salvatore in the Crescent City. This ought to be very good, or entertainingly bad."

"I'm just in town for a little R&R. Hate to disappoint," Stefan shrugs. "Besides, I got a sneak peek of the party life here. It's not half bad," he raises his glass in Rory's direction, the brunette giggling in response. "So, how's Elijah, and, uh, whoever you've brought back from the dead?"

"Oh, you know the Mikaelsons. Never a dull moment. So, out of all the gin joints, you pick ours...the four walls invulnerable to the magic of those pesky locator spells. Bit of a coincidence, isn't it?" Klaus inquires, raising an eyebrow.