𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

I was lost in thought as I stared at Bakugou.

Time flew by quicker than I expected. When I looked at the clock, 18 minutes had passed. Had I been sitting with him for that long? Slowly, I let go of Bakugou's hand, standing up.

My gaze never left his body until I left the room. I heard my old man's voices down the hall.

Shit.

I started sprinting before he could spot me. I had to get to the car before he does. Soon, I made it outside, hopping into the car just as Father stepped out of the prison.

I let out a sigh. Father entered the car and started the engine without a word. I made a couple glances at him. Thankfully, he didn't seem any more angry than he usually is. I couldn't stand the awkward silence though.

"Can I still come tomorrow? Maybe if Bakugou is awake I can ask some questions and talk to him." I wanted to go only to see him. If it was for any other reason, then I would rather stay home.

He took a little bit to answer, staring out at the road ahead of us as he drove.

"Hm.."

I waited impatiently in my seat.

"I-It'll help me practice with counseling and then I can be the best." I put the idea of being better than anyone else in his head.

I noticed his face lighten up a bit.

"You can go." He spoke, making me smile.

-

I went to sleep early so I could be up and ready to go.  I didn't know why, but I was eager to get there as quickly as possible.

Surprisingly, I was in the car before Father was. I took a deep breathe, thinking about the questions I would ask Bakugou if he was awake.

I get to be with him for almost a whole day... No Father, no old counselor.  Just me, Bakugou, and.. oh. That officer guy that stands in the corner, and maybe the occasional nurse.

Maybe I could ask them to leave.

I was too busy thinking about what to say and I didn't even realize we had arrived.

I hopped out of the car with my bag that contained a notebook, pens and pencils, and some candy.

We headed toward's Father's office.  I took off my coat and left it on a chair before turning to my old man.

"Father, I'll be heading to Bakugou's room now." I looked at him, my expression and tone emotionless.

He nodded and let out a grunt, grabbing something from his pocket.  It was an I.D.

"Here. I got an I.D made for you so people know who you are. Wear it."

I took the I.D and clipped it to my shirt, leaving his office. I kept my blank face as I walked to Bakugou's room.

Once I arrived I knocked on the door, a nurse opening up. Again, I could see the officer over her shoulder.

I showed her my I.D.  She stepped out of the way and let me in.

"Oh," I turned to her, "would you mind leaving the room while I speak to him? I'd like for my client to be as comfortable as possible."

"He's not awake yet-"

"For when he does wake up." I cut her off, giving my cold stare.  She nodded quickly before leaving. I turned to look at the officer.

"You as well please."  As I spoke, he gripped harder on his gun.

"What? I want my client to be comfortable. I can't get my job done if he isn't comfortable, and I know damn well an officer standing in the corner won't get him to speak."  I crossed my arms.  I tried to sound as professional as possible.

"No funny business kid." He glared at me as he left the room. Jeez what's with the people here?

Whatever. I got them to leave. I closed the door behind him and took a seat next to Bakugou's bed.

Like yesterday, I gripped onto his finger.

His skin was rough.. He.. killed people with these hands.

I stared down at his hands, thoughts of who he could've killed running through my mind.

I heard a groan, which made me look up.  My eyes met his face.  I quickly pulled my hand away, noticing he was waking up.

He went to lift his hand, presumably to touch his face, but was restrained by the cuffs.  He huffed, his head falling to the side and facing me.

His barely opened eyes stared at me.  My heart leaped in my chest.

A small smile crept onto his bruised and beaten face.

"Mm... Mornin' Peppermint.." He stretched as much as he could, but I could tell it hurt.

"Goodmorning." I responded, trying to keep my emotions in check.

"Came to visit me, hah?" He let out a weak chuckle, but stopped half way and began coughing.

I panicked for a second, but thankfully he was alright.

"No, I'm just doing my job." My hands clutched onto my bag. 

His eyes traveled to the corner.

"Ya got that officer to finally leave huh? I felt that fucker starin' at me all night." He huffed, his voice weak and strained.

"I figured you would be more comfortable talking to me if I asked for the room to be empty. Besides, I'm not doing my job if I don't get responses from my client because they aren't comfortable." The sound my voice spewing out professional words made me cringe.

He gave me a blank stare.

"I really.. couldn't care less how you do your job, n' I couldn't care less if you do it right."

My lips parted, cheeks heating up with embarrassment.

"Yes.. Sorry." I looked down and shuffled through my bag.  I was stupid for thinking he would care.

He laughed, which made me feel even worse.

"I'm kiddin' , candy cane. I like it better without anyone in the damn room anyways."  He looked at me, his fingers tapping against the side of the bed.

"A-Anyways.." I gulped, pulling my notebook out of my bag, along with a pen.

"I want to talk to you for a little bit.. and ask some questions." I looked at him.