𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛

"Yes Father..?" I turned around on my heels, shuffling down the stairs to face my father. There he stood, his arms crossed and his gaze menacing.

"Tomorrow you better wake up earlier than you did today. I don't want any time going to waste." I let out a sigh of relief, glad he didn't know about what I had done.

"Yes sir." I replied before turning to go up the stairs, but was stopped by a tight grip on my shoulder.

"Oh and, if you pull another stunt like the one earlier, I'll make sure you get it from me." I stopped in my tracks, letting out a shaky breath.

Fuck.

"I apologize. I...I won't do it again." I ran up the stairs, hiding in my bedroom.

By 'it', he means a beating. I hate those.. I have to be more careful with what I say and do, because that damn counselor told him what I did anyways and didn't give me a chance.

I crawled into my bed, skipping dinner to sleep early. This way I can wake up and be ready on time. I didn't bother to dress into a new change of clothes..

My head hit the pillow. My head was filled with thoughts of the events that happened earlier today. I was curious as to why the young looking inmate was in prison with a floor to himself. Before I knew it, my eyes were closed and I was drifting off into an uncomfortable sleep.

-

My alarm went off at 3:00. I smacked it, turning it off. A loud groan left my mouth as I stretched and rolled out of bed.

I did my uninteresting morning routine, grabbed a handful of pretzels from a bag in my kitchen, then made my way to the car. Father was already buckled up and waiting for me. No surprise there.

"Good.. you're on time. For once.." He mumbled the last part with a sigh, but I could still hear what he said. He began driving to the prison. The car ride was silent. The sun was just rising, making the ride pretty calming, seen as father's presence wasn't exactly comforting.

My gaze was out the window, watching the dark trees fly by, the yellow and pink sky in the back. Soon, my comfort was interrupted by the car coming to a stop. My eyes closed as I took a second to relax before opening my eyes again.

I stepped out of the car, following father inside the prison again. This feels just like yesterday. My stomach churned as we passed rows of inmates in cells to reach the elevator. I felt all of their stares on me. I stared at the floor, shifting uncomfortably as we walked.

Finally, we made it into the elevator. I felt a sense of relief as the doors closed. I leaned against the elevator wall as it went up to the floor Bakugou was on. Once it stopped and the doors opened, I stepped out but my father stayed inside.

"I'm going to head back down and finish a couple of things, then get that counselor. Don't pass the red line." Even though he probably wasn't trying to be mean, he still sounded rude and scary. I nodded and watched as the closing elevator doors parted us.

I looked down, walking forward until the red line entered my vision. I stopped on it and looked up to see Bakugou lying on his bed, sleeping.

I hesitated, then stepped over the red line, inching closer and closer to the bars. My eyes were locked on him. He seemed peaceful.

I wonder what it would be like if I was in here.. Would it feel any different from being at home?

My hands wrapped around the bars of the cell, my head lowering and resting against one of the bars. Tears pricked my eyes. Why am I sad..?

I was too busy in my thoughts to notice a figure standing in front of me, just beyond the bars. Once I realized my vision had darkened a little, I looked up, flinching a bit as I saw the blonde staring down at me.

"If you're gonna cry then cry behind the red line, not against my cell." He groaned, his voice raspy.

Ouch.

I backed up behind the red line and wiped my eyes. "I-I'm sorry."

"I'm kidding, candy cane." He chuckled and slipped his arms through the bars, resting against the cell.

"What's with the tears?" He asked. I couldn't look him in the eye. Why'd he even care anyways.

"Uhm.. It's.. It's nothing." He snorted and waved his hand, motioning for me to come closer.

"Sure as hell doesn't seem like nothin'.." For some reason, I listened, walking closer to him. His hand made its way up to my cheek. I flinched and backed away. "A-Ah.."

"Oh. Right. Wouldn't want a murderer touchin' you like that, would ya?" He huffed, pulling his arms back and cracking his neck.

"Murderer?.." I asked, tilting my head.

A/N - Unpopular opinion: Shouto's dad isn't tHAT bad, we just make him seem like a total asshole (ik he was an asshole n i dont rlly like him but ig he's trying to be dad-like? idk dont fite me hoe.)

Also i feel like this story isn't doing too well
:( should i continue?  pls share this story to anyone you think would like it