𝚜𝚒𝚡

Shouto's POV

Father and I sat silently in his office.

I was spinning around in a chair when Father heard the alarms. He jumped up, leaving his office. I watched as he began running down the hall.

I shrugged it off and kept spinning until I spotted the security camera for the cafeteria.

Bakugou and a lot of other inmates were fighting as officers were trying to stop them. I knew when Father walked in because everyone stopped.

This gave someone a chance to knock Bakugou out. They kicked the blonde in the face. I gasped, watching as he fell to the floor.

Subconsciously, I jumped up. I found myself running in the direction of the cafeteria. I looked through the window of the metal doors, watching as all the inmates were beginning to be cuffed.

One of the doors opened, officers walking out to bring the prisoners back to their janky cells.  For some reason I teared up as I stared at Bakugou's unconscious body.

I wondered to myself. Was he hurt? Dead maybe? The thought of this murderer being dead didn't make me happy like it would for any normal person. It.. stung. Hurt.

My heart pounded against my chest. I watched, the metal door slowly closing shut. I can.. help. I can be useful for once!

I took this chance to run in, getting on my knees and trying to wake him, checking if he was dead.

"Shouto?! What on earth do you think you're doing?!" Father boomed as he grabbed me away from Bakugou.  The officers had their guns on me.

I was just... trying to help.

Father told them to lower the guns just as a few nurses ran in and pulled Bakugou onto a gurney.

"F-Father I was just.. checking to see if he was dead! I only wanted to help!" Tears were on the verge of running down my cheeks.

Father stared down at me, his hand tight around my neck.

"You listen here, Shouto." He shook me, making me choke a bit. "I don't give a damn if he died. Nor should you."  Father spoke through gritted teeth, making a tear slip out.

"N' wipe those tears away." He leaned in close, growling lowly at me. "Alphas. Don't. Cry."

I nodded, my tears swiftly being wept away by my wrist.

"Get to the car. I'll be there in 20." He hit my back, making it seem like a friendly father pat to the other officers, but damn did it hurt.

I ran out of the cafeteria. I didn't want to go to the car. I had this urge to see Bakugou.

I wandered around, occasionally hearing other inmates catcall me. I found my way to Father's office. There was another office next door, an officer sitting inside.

Not where I needed to end up but maybe I could get some help.

"Excuse me." I knocked and looked inside at him. 

He looked up at me, an eyebrow raised as he questioned why I was there.

"Who are you? Are ya lost?" He stood up slowly, his hand traveling to his gun.  I put my hands up.

"Bakugou's counselor. I-" I paused. "I heard he was in a fight. He's not in his cell so I assume he'd be receiving medical attention, if I'm not mistaken. Could you lead me there?" 

Of course I know he's in some sort of hospital room. I just had to come up with something a little more believable than 'Oh I saw him get knocked out, take me to him'.

He pulled his hand away from his gun, nodding before leading me to Bakugou's 'hospital room'.

Once there, he left. I knocked on the door and a nurse opened up. She opened her mouth to speak but I cut her off.

"I'm his counselor." Over her shoulder I could see an officer standing inside. Maybe just for protection, just in case Bakugou were to do something.

She let me in. "He's not awake now, so you won't get anything outta him."

"Thank you, but I can still use as much information as possible." I pulled a rusty old chair from the corner up to the shitty (probably rock solid) bed. 

The officer glued his eyes onto me.

One of Bakugou's wrists and both of his legs were cuffed to the bed. How uncomfortable.

His hand wasn't visible to the officer, since it was cuffed to the side. I slowly reached my hand over to his, holding onto one of his fingers.

They were a lot thicker and more callused than my thin, soft fingers. His hand looked a lot more.. manly.

I huffed, checking the time. I have a couple more minutes before I need to go to the car. I took the time to recognize that this is my only chance to be.. this close to him.

Funny.. I'd rather be holding a murderer's hand than being in the same car as my own father..

sorry bout slow update, i'm a little sick (no it's not corona.)<reupload bc wattpad is being wonky>