Chapter 39: What did you do?

Ashton

It was a Monday after school, and I was in my bedroom on my Playstation 4. I worked pretty hard at school today, so I really wanted to relax, and this was the best way to do that.

"Brandon, you're a sore loser. I could play you in my sleep."

I spoke through the game headset on my head, as I played against my friend from my Spanish class.

"Screw you, dude."

I chuckled, and took a handful of Cheetos from my table, shoving them in my mouth.

"Whatever", I mumbled, vigorously pressing the video game buttons. Whilst I was playing, I was interrupted as my Dad called me from his study.

"Ashton! The door."

I groaned, knowing I had to get it because he was in his study.

"Brandon, I'll be right back."

"Hurry up!"

I got out of my seat and quickly scurried down my stairs. I opened the door and raised my eyebrows in surprise as I saw Michael.

"Michael? Hey!"

He smiled nervously. 

"Hey, Ash."

"Did we have plans?", I asked, licking the Cheetos dust off my fingers.

I noticed he was still wearing his school uniform, meaning he had come straight from school.

"No, um, I'm sorry to just barge on you like this. I was wondering if we could talk?"

I hummed, nodding my head. "Of course, come on in!"

He walked inside, and we walked up the stairs to my bedroom.

"Cheeto?", I offered, pointing at my snack bowl.

Michael smiled and shook his head. "I'm good thanks."

"You came just in time", I said, sitting on my game chair.

The brown-haired boy sat on the edge of my bed behind me.

"I did?"

"Yep", I placed the headset around my neck, speaking into the mic. "You get to witness me beat Brandon's ass."

Michael chuckled, his eyes looking at my screen. "Shit, is this Destiny 2 shadow keep?"

"It is. Wanna play?"

"Can I?"

"Sure. I'll play open a new level so you can have a go."

"Awesome."

"Alright dude, I can't chat anymore, I'm being a good friend."

"Okay, I guess I'll have to beat your ass later."

"Bye dick."

I snorted and opened a new session for Michael to play.

"Such an ass. Here", I handed the console to my brown-haired friend.

"Nice."

 I crossed my arms and watched as he began to play with ease, not even asking me any questions. He was such a gamer.

"Wow, this is neat. I really gotta get this."

"Yeah, it's incredibly addictive. Anyway, you said you wanted to talk so what's going on?"

"Oh, yeah, it's um actually about Luke."

I raised an eyebrow. "Everything okay?"

"That's the thing, I don't know. It's like there's something's wrong, but he's not telling me."