Chapter 17: Remember

Michael

It was a rainy Wednesday afternoon at school, and I had just finished my chemistry class. Well, by finished I mean I had done enough staring at a blank page and pretending to work for the day. So yes, I skipped the crap and left. Right now I was in the detention room, but surprisingly not because I had detention. I had asked Luke to meet me here before the last period. I wanted to talk to him about Friday, I had to. It was eating me up inside. I figured it was time to tell the blonde boy how I felt, and I hoped he felt the same way too.

We scheduled to meet at 2:15PM, I checked my watch seeing it was 2:17PM. A few seconds later, the boy appeared at the door and smiled as he saw me.

"Hey, stranger", he greeted.

I had to admit, it had been a while since we'd talked properly. I guess being around him after the party was just a little weird, considering what happened last week.

"Hey, you.", I spoke, from the chair, watching as he closed the door.

"How are you? I feel like I haven't seen you in ages."

I licked my lips, thinking for a moment.

"I'm okay."

"Only, okay?"

"No, I mean. I'm good, I'm good."

Lie. what I wanted to say was i'm nervous as fuck, and I don't know how the hell I'm gonna do this.

He raised an eyebrow, smirking at me.

"Good."

"What about you, are you all sobered up?", I asked.

"Yes, thank god", Luke sighed. "Me and alcohol do not mix."

I chuckled quietly.

"Apparently you do."

"Shut up."

I smiled, playing with my fingers.

"Come over here."

He grinned and walked over, placing his satchel on the chair. I smirked, knowing he was going to sit on the table. As predicted, he sat on one opposite me, just like we always did when we came to detention. It had become our thing.

"I'm sorry I brought you here out of all places. There wasn't really anywhere else I thought we could talk."

He looked at me nervously and crossed his arms.

"What's going on?"

I sighed, wishing i had actually planned this shit, but I was just going with what was in my head.

"I guess I just wanna talk about my feelings."

"Your feelings?"

"Yeah. I've um... I've had a few new ones as of recently."

I sighed nervously trying to get the tense feeling out of my chest.