Chapter 5: Brother

Luke

I am finally home after my first day of school, and I can honestly say it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I mean sure it was school, the lessons were boring and the canteen food looked like vomit, but I had fun, because of one particular person.

Michael.

I liked Michael. He was like me, he didn't like school but got through the day anyway. I couldn't wait to see him again tomorrow.

I sluggishly walked up the stairs, just wanting to take this baggy uniform off and go to bed, but my mom heard me.

"Luke? Is that you?", she poked her head out from her study.

I dropped my satchel and walked to the room, knowing I had to indulge in a conversation.

"Hey, Mom. Yeah, it's me."

"How was your first day?", she grinned, with hopeful eyes.

I licked my lips, answering quickly.

"Amazing."

She raised her eyebrow. 

Okay, that was too sarcastic Luke.

I cleared my throat,  fixing my collar.

"I mean, it was okay. You know, first day and all, but I'll settle in."

She nodded, crossing her arms. I knew she wanted this to be the last school I moved to, and something inside me kind of hoped it was too.

"Did you make any friends?"

"Just one."

"Oh don't worry, you will make plenty more!"

But I didn't want anymore. In fact, I was fine with just hanging out with Michael until graduation.

"Um yeah, I will. Is Cody in?"

"In his bedroom. He won't get ready for bed, I was hoping you could help?"

I smirked.

"I'm on it."

I turned around and walked to my little brother's room. Cody was eight, and probably my favorite person in the universe. I knocked and opened the blue door to see him playing with action figures.

"Hey, rascal."

"Luke!", he cheered running over to me and hugging me.

I laughed and hugged him back.

"Hey, bud. how was school?"

He kept his arms around my legs, looking up at me.

"Awesome! We built rocket ships like the ones in ET!"

"Wow. that sounds great. I bet yours was the best one."

He giggled, his eyes bright behind his green glasses.

"Luke, you look so fancy!"

I rolled my eyes, I hated my new uniform.

"I know. A new school means new clothes."

He stood back, hitting the two army toys in his hands against each other, making funny noises.

"Can we watch a cartoon before bed?"

I hummed, pretending to check the watch on my wrist, knowing I would never say no to him.

"If you can get washed and in your pj's in ten minutes?"

He squealed, immediately grabbing his towel and ran out of the room.

"Don't count until you hear the water!"

I chuckled to myself and sat on his bed.

I loved having a little brother.

---

a/n: double update!!

uniforms | mukeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara