e i g h t♦

B A N G

just like that, the werewolves shifted and howled. the vampires quickly ran into the woods, you saw spinel moving ahead of the werewolves and disappeared in the forest.

when all of you stepped into the forest, almost instantly gremlins and trolls sprouted out of the ground to grab some of the vampires or werewolves' legs to stop them.

"they didn't tell us about this!!" steven yelled, you jumped and avoided the small people. you grabbed one of the trolls who has hats, "i'll return it later!!" you yelled over your shoulder.

"steven!!" you called out, steven looked over his shoulder then you threw him a pair of troll hats "what am i gonna do with this?"

"you'll see." then you saw a vampire slowly approaching a werewolf, you growled and stomped on the ground making the rising land throw the vampire off.

you jumped again to grabbed ahold of a tree branch, spun yourself around to fling yourself out of the forest area. while midair, you stuffed the troll hats in your ear as you landed to can hear a faint but muffled singing or some sort.

you looked around to see people are swoon over by the sirens, the mermaids are splashing water to the people passing them, even splashed a big wave. then all of the sudden, the loch ness monster appeared and slammed it's body into the water making you and the other people fall inside the water.

you jumped up in the air and started running to keep yourself from falling into the water. you looked behind you to see if steven is catching up to you, he's three people behind, when he saw you, he gave you a thumbs up. you nodded and continued on, the gremlins are back and this time they're throwing silver scraps.

mostly everyone avoided them or jumped over them, as all of you finally finished the sea monster area. the aerial kind of creatures like griffin, hippogriff, phoenixes even the fairies.

the griffin and hippogriff grabbed one of werewolves or vampires with their sharp talons to drop them in midair. the phoenixes blocked the path with their fire, you luckily has a window before they set it on fire.

the fairies used their magic to make the grasses wrap itself around the werewolves and vampires, you snapped all of the grass or vines trying to hold you down.

you looked behind you to see everyone is stuck on the grass, stuck behind the fire wall or is taking flight lessons with the griffin and hippogriff.

you looked around to see who's in front of you, seeing a dark pink wolf up ahead is saying it's just you and spinel left. your eyes started to glow then your speed increased, you caught up with spinel, you looked at her to see her eyes are focus to the finish line.

spinel shifted her glowing yellow eyes to you, she huffed and went a little bit ahead, you jumped up in the air to give yourself a boost. you can feel your legs slightly getting numb from all the running.

"2 minutes left!!" a voice boomed overhead, you looked to see spinel is still maintaining her speed ahead of you. taking a deep breath, you exerted your full speed.

you're now head to head with spinel, you can hear her growl but you ignored it. you can see the finish line, just a mile away. when the two of you finally crossed you, your legs gave up on you which sent you flying into the other side.

spinel fell to the ground, when she saw your body flying to the forest area again, she picked herself up and trotted her away over to you. spinel came out of the forest with you on her shoulder, you're rubbing her fur softly "so soft." you heard her growl 'stop that.' she said in her head.

spinel walked back to the teachers, they came to your side to see if you're okay. good thing you don't have any injury, just a numb leg. "excellent job both of you. it's a tie! i never seen that much speed before, it's astonishing." one of the teachers said.

then one by one, students started rushing in the finish line with exhaustion visible on their faces. then when steven saw you, he came rushing towards you but spinel growled to make him stop.

"hey hey, it's okay." you mumbled as you patted spinel's back, "miss spinel, please take miss (l/n) to the infirmary. and congratulations." spinel nodded before lightly running back inside the campus.

one of the vampires glared at the retreating wolf carrying a numbed leg vampire "they need to die."

spinel pushed the infirmary door open with her snout, she walked over to an empty bed, crouched down to let you sit and lie down on the bed. the fairy nurse came with a clipboard "what's her problem?" she asked spinel.

spinel morphed back "her legs got numbed." the nurse hummed. she settled her clipboard down and placed her hands on both of your legs, a glow emitted out of the her hand then pulled away.

you twisted and turned both of your feet then stretched your legs upward. "thank you." you said to the nurse, she nodded and gave you a smile. "no problem, just rest for a while." then the nurse walked off.

spinel grabbed a chair and sat down on it, she let out a big sigh then placed her head on the side of the bed. "what's wrong?" spinel shook her head "just tired."

you looked up onto the ceiling, then tapped spinel's head softly. she hummed in reply "say, you haven't told me your story yet." spinel fell silent before sighing again.

"goddamnit." she mumbled as she stood right up before starting "it's almost the same as yours. i was told to stay in place in a forest by a person i trusted and loved, so i stayed but she didn't come back. i don't know how long i've been standing there, then i was found by a wolf who took me in that's also where i met peeps."

"the wolf who took care of me is old fashion, when i'm 15 or 16 she'd let me out of the den and live independently. i tried to go and visit her but she's already gone." as spinel finished, she looked at the ground aimlessly.

you slowly reached out to pet her head this made spinel jump slightly "i'm not a dog y/n." she said as she pulled away. "we're gonna be okay."

spinel looked at you "we?" you nodded and smiled at her.

"cause we both have each other now."