I put my hands on my hips, looking her directly in her eyes. She makes a loud "UGH!" noise and I see a large vein in her forehead bulge.

She takes a step toward me, getting ready to lunge, and her leopard print heels clatters against the floor again as that frazzled, wild look in her eyes only increases. I brace myself for a fight, getting ready to use the self-defense moves I've learned over the last couple months.

However, before she or I get a chance to get a shot in, Sin steps forward, putting himself between us. Like I thought, he doesn't seem to even consider laying a hand on Emily, but he towers over her intimidatingly.

That scowl Sin always wears has grown into an absolute death stare. It even intimidates me a little bit, but I feel relief knowing he's stepping in for me. I know I'd be fine on my own, but I honestly don't mind Sin taking over.

"Why don't you get out of here, Huntington?" he suggests, his voice cold as ice. It nearly sends chills through me. I don't know how Sin can flip that switch so quick, going from making High School Musical jokes to scaring the shit out of other highschoolers.

"Before someone lets it slip exactly who you cheated on Peyton with," Sin finishes his threat. That's when I realize.

No one knows that Emily hooked up with Jenna Kyzler.

They were fighting at the party, Sin said. (I still have no memory of that.) I just assumed people knew they were hooking up, too. Turns out I had more leverage over Emily than I even realized.

Not that I would use that against Emily. That's a line I wouldn't cross—outing someone for being gay or bi or anything in between is a low blow, one I'm not willing to throw. But I am willing to let Emily think I might.

Sin knows that, of course. He's always so perceptive, figuring out things others carelessly overlook. Taylor was right. He is protective, and he is crafty.

Emily's face pales as she understands what Sin means. She says nothing, but backs away slowly. After looking between Sin and I, she turns around wordlessly and stomps off down the hall.

"No one knows about...?" I ask Sin as he turns around to face me. He shakes his head.

"No." I nod, looking around at the small crowd that formed around us in the midst of the argument. I briefly enjoy the joyful satisfaction of knowing several people heard Emily shout about her "enema," then turn to see my friends push through the crowd.

"What happened?" Skylar asks me. I half-smile at her concern.

"Emily confronted me," I say simply. "She was livid. Screamed at us in the middle of the hall."

"Man, I wonder what she had up her ass," Peyton says laughing, clearly proud of his pun.

"Yeah, we could hear it from the entrance," Skylar informs us. "Did she threaten you or anything?"

"She tried to get a shot in, but Sin stopped her," I catch them up. I look over at Sin, who still has that intense, hard look locked on his face.

"She didn't even get close," he agrees. "And she never will."

"You think she'll try again later?" Taylor asks, worried. Kace rubs a hand on her back, soothing her.