chapter 10 ~ 𝒍𝒐𝒚𝒂𝒍

Start from the beginning

     The four of us sat quietly in the living room, our gazes locked onto the TV screen as a familiar Netflix show played. I was vaguely aware of the cast members of Kingdom, and as I continued following the episode, I grew more interested.

     "The Crown Prince is kind of cute," Taehyung mumbled, taking a bite out of his pastry.

     "What? No way," Jimin countered. "Ju Jihoon looks like an old grocery bag. Besides, he's like...in his thirties."

     "You don't like older guys, hyung?" Taehyung snickered, giving his boyfriend a long look.

     "Not that old. Besides, look at Jung Sukwon. He's cuter than Jihoon."

     Taehyung rolled his eyes playfully, finishing up the last of his pastry and taking his trash to the kitchen. He came back moments later with Yeontan in his arms, the fluffy Pomeranian panting loudly, his tongue hanging out the side of his mouth. He walked back over to Jungkook, curling up next to his loving boyfriend with a placid smile adorning his sharp features. As if sensing my eyes on him, Taehyung looked up at me. I avoided eye contact quickly, gluing my eyes to the TV screen. When I felt the tingly sensation of his eyes burrowing into me cease, I let my gaze travel back over him.

     Taehyung was staring down at his phone, mindlessly scrolling and clicking through apps. His features were sharp, bones, and muscles visible at every angle. Even though I knew my thoughts should be elsewhere, I couldn't help but remember yesterday afternoon when I'd walked in on him and Jungkook together. The way the muscles in his back rippled, the dimples in his lower back hollow and small. How his shoulder blades tensed with each shuddering breath.

     I shook my head. He's getting too you. Just ignore him. I leaned my head casually against Jimin's shoulder, threading my fingers through his and squeezing tightly. I didn't want to let go of him; I was the girl he decided to be with and I was going to do my best to keep the relationship healthy. No matter how scared I was. No matter how confused I was on the rules of polygamy. I had to keep my mind straight for Jimin. For Yoongi.

      For myself.

     My phone buzzed in the right pocket of my sweats and I set my pop tart down on my thigh to retrieve it. When I looked at the screen, I immediately growled deep in the back of my throat.

_

1 new message from 𝐓𝐚𝐞😑

_

     I looked out across the living room at Taehyung. The young man was watching me carelessly, his blinking slow and sure. He looked too calm, and I began to grow uncomfortable under his intense gaze. I looked back at my phone, quickly opening the text and reading through it.

_

IMESSAGE CHAT

𝐓𝐚𝐞😑

TAEHYUNG

u were staring? 😏

YUMIN

so!?😠

TAEHYUNG