Watermelon Sugar

Anna's POV

That date was straight out of a movie. Harry is genuinely one of the kindest people I know. He is also hilarious. He knew how to make me laugh and how to flow a good conversation. I haven't had a good talk in a while so it was really refreshing.

After we finished our coffees and croissants we decided we didn't want the date to end. So, we took a walk down the streets of Los Angeles.

We were holding hands and swinging our arms like crazy people as we walked. I always love someone who is not afraid to be themselves in public. We saw the sun start to slowly go down so we ran as fast as we could to the grass fields to watch the sun set. I never realized how fast time went by when you have fun. I swear I wish this night could go on forever. It was just one of those nights where everything is perfect. We started having deep conversations, we danced around like complete goofs, and then we got back to serious. We were lying down in the grass field and I put my head on his chest.

"So tell me. What's your family like Anna?" Harry asked in such a deep tone.

I shifted slightly so I could sit upright. He looked at me with a confused stare. I wanted to tell him everything. How my parents were never really there, how bad high school was for me, how I artificially inseminated myself with some random guys sperm because I thought I'd never find love. But all I said was,

"I don't like to talk about them much. I was never really family oriented"

I could tell he knew I wanted to say more. He stared me deep in my eyes and said nothing. Sometimes silence says more than words.

Harry's POV

It was crazy how much Anna and I clicked. It's almost like she knows me better than I know myself and I just met her like 3 hours ago. We danced our worries away and watched the sunset. 

The strangest thing happened when I asked about her family. She became clearly uncomfortable wouldn't look me in the eyes. She always look at me in the eyes when she talked to me. I knew she didn't want to talk about it so I didn't say anything.

Anna was like no one I've ever met before. I could tell what she was thinking without her having to say any words to me. I felt horrible after asking about her family. I pulled her into the tightest hug and just swayed back and forth. I could hear her sniffling. It broke my heart that I made her cry. I gave her a kiss on the top of her head and pulled away a little but she nudged herself right back into me. We stayed like that for the rest of the night. Sitting in the silence in each others arms.