chapter 9 ~ 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒏𝒆𝒓𝒗𝒐𝒖𝒔?

Start from the beginning

     "You forget I lived with a lying cheater since I was 19. It's better for me to assume things and find out later that it wasn't true, than to assume nothing happened at all just to find that it did."

     Jimin rested his chin lightly on the top of my head. "What'd he do to you, Yumin?"

     I sighed, not wanting to have to relive everything Yura put my through, but wanting to confide in someone.

     "Everything," I muttered.

     "Everything?"

     "Everything. Mental abuse, physical abuse, sexual abuse. He would force me to do things with him, and after everything was over, when I'd slip into little space, he'd hit me and tell me I was acting like a baby. That I wasn't allowed to act so foolish."

     Jimin tensed beneath me, pulling away so that he could look at my face. I held eye contact steadily with him, feeling like I was on the verge of crying but refusing to let anything show. Jimin's eyes trailed up and down my body before resting on my face, his gaze warm and gentle as he leaned forward and pressed a kiss against my forehead.

     "I'm sorry," he mumbled. "I didn't know."

     I shook my head calmly. "You asked, and I just thought you deserved to know why I almost shoved you onto the floor."

     A small grin adorned the man's pale face. He pressed our foreheads together again and without pause, slowly muttered, "I'm not going to do anything like that to you, okay? You're safe here."

     I nodded slowly, lazily pressing a kiss against Jimin's lips. As I pulled away, Jimin followed me intently, pressing out lips back together firmly. His hand slipped under my shirt, his fingers trailing idly down my back. I gripped the front of his t-shirt, enjoying the feeling of his hands gently roaming about my backside. Hesitantly, he pushed himself up, forcing me to roll over onto my back. Slowly, I released his shirt, bringing my hands close to my stomach nervously. Jimin watched me quietly, his chest rising and falling slowly with each breath.

     "Are you comfortable?" he hesitated.

     "I don't know," I responded. "I guess?"

     "' I guess' isn't very reassuring." Jimin lowered himself, keeping steady by placing his arms above my head. "If you're uncomfortable, just say something."

     "I don't feel uncomfortable. I just...I don't know."

     Jimin planted a kiss against my forehead, then my nose, then my lips, working his way slowly down my jaw until he paused at my ear. "I have an idea," he murmured, a hint of humor lacing his tone.

     I furrowed my brow with a light chuckle, reaching my hands up and around his neck. Gently, I pulled on the end of his fluffy, black hair. "Yeah?"

     He nodded against my neck, working his way back around the side of my face to my lips. I kissed him softly, a slight hint of guilt flitting in and out of my mind. Fingers threaded through his hair, I broke the kiss and watched the man before me contentedly.

     "Mhmm," he nodded, eyes leisurely traveling over my face. "But, you have to promise not to laugh."

     "Oh...kay?" I faltered.