"I realized..."

"T-Tsukishima...?"
The two stood there silently, in complete reach of each other. But, of course, neither said a word. Tsukishima was too distracted to even speak after seeing Yamaguchi's face.

Was he trying to wash his freckles off? He was crying too.

"Oh, sorry. Do you need to use it? I was done here, anyway." Yamaguchi spoke hastily. He quickly grabbed his things and began to open the door when Tsukishima grabbed his arm.

"I need to talk to you."

"...Can it wait?"

"No."

Tsukishima loosened his grip when he noticed just how much Yamaguchi was shaking. His face contorted into that of horror, still, as always, staring at the ground with such an intensity.

"Were you trying to wash your freckles off?"

He responded with a flinch.

"Is it because of what I did...?"

Another flinch. Yamaguchi shut his eyes. Tsukishima decided it was the right time to tell him. "I-"

"rry... I'm s- I'm sorry..." Yamaguchi sniffed as tears flowed freely from his eyes. What is he crying for?  Shit, it was this bad. The next thing he knew, Tsukishima found himself wrapping his arms around Yamaguchi in a hug.

"What're you sorry for? You did nothing wrong. I know I said some awful things a while back. I-"

"No you're not."

Huh...?

"You're not sorry. You just feel guilty don't you."

Tsukishima was about to retaliate, but hesitated, and ended up saying nothing. He heard a hollow laugh from the side of his face.

"See. It's true and you know it too."

"No... I-"

"Let go of me." He began to push Tsukishima off, but he refused.

"I'm not letting go until you agree to listen to me."

"Huh?! No-get off me!" He continued pulling himself away and trying to pry Tsukishima's arms off him, but was weak in his arms. In all honesty, he wished he could stay like that.

Eventually Yamaguchi gave up. "Fine. I'll hear you out," He sighed in defeat.

Tsukishima finally let him go, but stood in front of the door.

"So?"

"..." dammit. Just apologize. It's not that hard. Just say sorry!

"Ah...erm... I'm sorry..."

"For what?" Yamaguchi was leaning to one side, his arms crossed and one eyebrow raised.

"For... everything. What I said that day... I didn't mean it. Well, I did, but-"

He heard a scoff in front of him.

"I did, but after being away from you for a while..." he found himself grabbing the hem of his shirt in a fruitless search for support.

"But after a while I realized how much I need you. I realized that I missed you and your voice when we would walk home together. I realized that I miss the days when we would study together... and practice together... and eat lunch together. And I'm sorry for... saying I didn't care, because I do."

Yamaguchi was covering his mouth with his hands, which soon moved up to his wide eyes. Don't cry. Don't forgive him, either. Yamaguchi felt his mouth start to quiver into a smile and tears forming in the corners of his eyes. Tsukishima continued speaking.