18 - Honestly

Defeat doesn't finish a man, quit does. A man is no finished when he's defeated. He's finished when he quits. ~Richard. M. Nixon.

Ashton's POV

I walked downstairs two days later with Luke, ready to face my mother. I held Luke's hand as tight as he held mine.

"I'm scared." Luke whispered to me as we headed into the living room. He knew my mother was expecting answers.

"Hi Luke." My mother smiled as the blonde entered the room and sat down carefully on the couch.

"H-Hi." Luke gave a small smile.

"Luke I care about you a lot, so that's why we're talking." My mother said. "So, anytime you're ready. Tell me what happened."

So I say patiently while Luke told my mother everything that happened, some things I didn't even know. Even the first time. It was like he remembered every beating vividly. When my mother asked questions he answered.

"So..I noticed your arms were wrapped when you came in here a few days ago, tell me about that." My mother said softly. Leaning forward towards Luke, to show her interest in the blonde.

"Um..I-I cut myself." Luke mumbled as he played with his sleeves.

"Anything else I should know?" My mother asked.

"I..I don't eat." Luke said and I went wide eyed.

"You what?!" I yelled as I turned to him and he ducked his head slightly.

"I-I d-don't ea-eat." Luke whimpered.

"Ashton you're not helping by yelling." My mother snapped.

"Sorry.." I mumbled.

"Luke," my mother turned back to the blonde. "Could you..Remove your bandages and lift off your shirt?"

"Do-Do I have to?" Luke mumbled.

"It will help us all." My mother said and that was enough for Luke to carefully unwrap the damaged skin that made me gag and hide my face when I saw it.

"Oh my gosh.." I mumbled to myself.

"Now the shirt." My mother said.

Luke stood up off the couch for this and slid the hoodie of his head and I couldn't believe what I saw.

Bruisings, more cuts and scars, scars that were from beatings and his own torture. And to top it all off, a skinny twig-like body. A body where you could count the ribs on the ribcage.

"Oh my gosh." I said, tears finally leaking out of my eyes as I stood up off the couch and pulled Luke into my arms as I cried on his shoulder.

"Dammit Luke." I sniffled.

"Ash, please." My mother said.

"Sorry." I mumbled. Sitting down on the couch as Luke slid the hoodie back on and curled up next to me on the couch. I never wanted to let Luke go.

"Luke, I am going to call the police, so you might have to retell the story and then we can work from there. But in the meantime you may want to go over to your house and grab some clothes." My mother said. "Ashton can go with you if you want."

"N-No he can-can stay here." Luke said. My mother gave a nod of her head. Letting Luke make the risky decision.

Luke left my house a few minutes after. Saying that if he didn't come back in fifteen minutes I could go get him.

So I waited in the kitchen with my mother, every minute ticking by like an hour.

About fifteen minutes later my mother glanced out the window and went wide eyed as a car rolled down the street.

"Oh no.." She mumbled. "Is that..Kyle's car?"

"What!? No, no." I said as I ran out of the house to see the car pull in the driveway. I hurried down the sidewalk to hear something crash while I was outside the house.

Running up the stairs I hurried to Luke's room, who sat against the wall, curled up in a ball.

"Luke.." I said carefully as I approached him.

[Triggering Scene]

Luke's arms dropped to his sides, both soaked in his blood. A blade in one hand, a gun in the other. His head lifted up, revealing a cut cheek.

"Oh baby." I said softly while crouching in front of him. I carefully removed the gun from his numb fingertips, taking the blade from his grip. Placing them on the side I stared at Luke, his eyes were dull. Like. There was..Nothing left in them.

[Okay We're Good]

"Luke, say something." I said. But he just gave a small shrug. Like, he had finally been defeated. "Okay, well, let's go."

I grabbed the halfway made bag on Luke's bed before taking his hand and bringing him to my house where I heard my mother gasp.

"Luke had a bit of an accident!" I yelled as I brought him in the bathroom and immediately started cleaning him.

"Was his father there?" My mother asked.

"Well I assume that's how he hurt his face." I said. "Luke, was your father home?" Luke didn't move at all. Just stared at the ground.

"Luke, answer Ashton." My mother said and Luke have her an awful glare and before I could wrap his arms walked out of the bathroom.

"What was that?" My mother asked.

"I don't know..Here I'll go talk to him." I said as I walked upstairs and into my bedroom where Luke was sitting. Facing the wall.

"Hey Luke," I said but go no response. "What happened?" Nothing. "Luke, talk to me."

I tried to get Luke to speak anything for the next twenty minutes, but be wouldn't say a word, just kept his gaze at the ground. Barely recognizing my existence.

"What's going on.." I mumbled. "Did I finally lose you for good!?" My voice chocked up. "No, no I can't! I can't do it!" I yelled and walked around the room, pacing and pulling at my hair until I curl in the corner.

I sobbed horrendously and only saw Luke's confused expression through my arms. That was until Luke had came and sat in front if me. Rubbing my arm gently.

"Why won't you say anything?" I asked. He shook his head slowly and I sniffled as I pushed Luke away from me. When he reached out again I slapped his hand down.

Luke stood up from me and sat down on the bed. Still not saying a word.

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION

I don't know what I'm doing. Lol. I hope that was good though.

Anyways I have school.

And got like..Three hours of sleep. Lawls.

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX