14 - Ruin My Day

The greater the power, the more dangerous the abuse. ~Edmund Burke

Luke's POV

"No, no Ashy, Playstation is better than Xbox." I said.

"No Xbox is." Ashton whined.

"If it makes you happy." I smiled while I rolled over onto Ashton. Before we could say anything else my name was screamed through the house and Ashton sat wide eyed.

"I..I'll be right back." I nodded as I climbed off the bed and walked down the stairs.

"Why didn't you go to school today?" My father asked.

"Um..Well.." I mumbled and shifted back and forth on my feet.

"Luke who's -" Ashton walked down the stairs and went wide eyed. "Oh hell.."

"Oh, oh I see." My father smiled. "Nice to see you Ashton. Luke, we can talk some other time. I'm going upstairs to work."

"What's going on?" Ashton asked.

"Nothing, nice to see you're here." My father said as walked up the stairs. I didn't say anything to Ashton about what would have happened if he didn't walk downstairs, but also about how he just made my situation ten times worse.

"Hey Luke," Ashton said. "School's almost out, we should head to Calum's. He was the one who suggested me to go to your house."

"Oh..Okay." I said, giving a weak smile. "I'll get on my shoes and -" I was cut off by the doorbell ringing. So I walked over to the door, opening it revealed a model-like woman. Tan skin, blonde hair blue eyes, tall and largely busted.

"Oh, I'm looking for um..Kyle Hemmings." She said. "Not you."

"He's upstairs -"

"Sorry Sandra!" My father whizzed by me. "Luke we'll talk later I'm going out on a date."

"A date!?"

"Yes, now bye." My father said and slammed the door. I stood wide eyed staring at the door.

"He..He can't replace mum.." I mumbled.

"Luke, are you okay?" Ashton said softly.

"I.." I trailed off, my mouth open. I took off towards my room and slammed the door as I climbed in bed.

"Lukey," Ashton tapped on the door but I ignored his knocking as I pulled the covers over my head. Tears streaming down my cheeks. No way that hooker could replace my mother.

°~•*°~•*°~•*°~•*°~•*°~•*°~•*°~•*°~•*°~•*°~•*
(A/N: Dream sequence)

"Mum! Mum!" I yelled while running down the stairs. I was laughing widely as I had just opened a letter. I slid into the kitchen and saw my mother standing there. She was washing dishes when she turned the sink, off turning to me as she dried her hands.

"Mum, mum, mum." I said while jumping up and down like a child.

"What?" She laughed lightly.

"Look at this!" I yelled and shoved the paper at her. She leaned against the counter as she read through it. After a moment of reading her eyes grew wide as she released loud screeches.

"You got accepted Lukey!" She squealed as she took a step to me and wrapped her arms around me before we bounced around in circles together.

"Mum I'm so happy! I tried so hard to get into this school and now I got accepted!" I smiled wide.

"I'm so happy for you! Oh my gosh we have to call Ashton's mum and Calum's and Michael's!" My mother said giddily.

"Oh, they wouldn't care to hear about it." I shrugged.

"What makes you say that?" My mother frowned. "Luke, you're like a second child to them!"

"They wouldn't want to hear about it." I smiled shyly.

"Of course they would Luke!" My mother frowned. "Everyone cares about you, you're just too hard on yourself to see it."

"I know." I sighed.

"You need to..Wake up." My mother sighed. I nodded. "Luke."

"What?"

"Luke!"

"What..?"

"Luke!"

°~•*°~•*°~•*°~•*°~•*°~•*°~•*°~•*°~•*°~•*°~•*

"Luke!" I jolted up with a sharp I take of air as I saw my two friends standing around my bed.

"Hey, wake up." Michael poked my cheek and I slapped his hand away.

"What's going on?" Calum asked.

"Ashy?" I whimpered as I looked around. "Wh-Where's Ash-Ashton?"

"Sorry! I'm right here!" Ashton said as he walked into the room. He sat down close to me as he gently rubbed my back.

"Luke, are you okay?" Calum asked, I gave a quick nod.

"His father went on a date, he thinks he's replacing his mum." Ashton informed the two.

"Ash, that's exactly what he's doing." Michael said. "Luke I'm not sugar coating it. Your father is finding a new partner."

"Michael shut up." Calum sighed.

"No, I'm not making it sweet for him because it's not what he would want." Michael snapped.

"I'm going to go for a walk." I sighed before getting up and leaving the house and my shocked friends.

Eventually I made it to the park and sat down next to a man on a bench.

"Well hello young one." He said. "You look down."

"Huh? Oh, oh well yeah. I guess." I shrugged.

"Why is that?" He asked.

"Well, my mom died a few years ago and now my dad is going on a date with another woman." I sighed. "I guess, I just don't feel ready for it."

"Well, everyone needs love." The old man said. "And, if you don't have it, you can't win. Your father just missed your mother's company. While it seemed like replacement, he's just filling the voice."

"And I just piss off all my friends by being a problem." I sighed.

"If they're truly your friends they won't mind." He said. "You seem very tense. So, maybe you should try doing what you want for once."

"What I want?"

"Yeah, for one day don't think about anyone but yourself." He smiled as he stood and patted my head. "Just roll your own way. Goodbye."

"Bye thank you." I waved and sat rethinking what that man had say.

What I want..

AUTHOR'S NOTIFICATION

LOL this sucks but I wanted it to be done now.

Hugs, Kisses, Cuddles and Serenades xX