Klaus exhales, pressing his fingers against the bridge of his nose. "I just don't understand why Camille would do something like this,"

"Well, you took her toys and she's taking yours,"

"This isn't a toy. This is the one weapon that could put an end to my family and I—"

"—Forever. Yes, I know. I don't need to be reminded on how important it is that we find her," Rory lifts her hand to cut Klaus off. "But Kai can only do so much. My guess is that Cami has another witch on her side, blocking Kai's locator spells. It's a frustrating situation, but you do not have to be an asshole. Not to Kai."

Klaus rests his hands against the desk, looking up at her. "I apologise," he responds quietly.

"It wasn't me that you were hounding," Rory shrugs. After a moment, she sighs and makes her way towards him. She slips her hands up his arms, cupping his face in her hands. "Hey, look at me," she says softly. Klaus lifts his gaze to meet hers. "Don't panic, okay? We need to think about this with a clear head."

"It's been days. I have no idea what she's planning on doing with that white oak," Klaus whispers in a frustrated manner. "Anybody could come in and steal it from her."

"I know. But you have to calm down. I understand that a thousand years of nagging paranoia is a little hard to overcome..." Rory trails off as Klaus gives her a bemused look. "...But I have faith that Cami won't do anything stupid. Or at least, that's what I'm trying to tell myself so I don't freak out just like you."

Klaus lifts his hand to tuck a hair behind Rory's ear. "How is it that you manage to calm me down so easily?" he inquires, tilting his head.

"Because you refuse to listen to everyone else," Rory responds.

Klaus' lips upturn into a small smile. He brushes his thumb over Rory's bottom lip, leaning in to press a soft kiss against her mouth. "Do you remember our planned trip to Spain?"

Surprise clouds Rory's features. "Yeah, I do. I didn't think you did,"

"Of course I did," Klaus tugs her closer, wrapping his arms around her waist. He presses his forehead against hers. "How do you feel about taking a little trip there after all of this is over?" he inquires softly. "Just you and I."

"Really?" Rory asks.

"I think we're a bit overdue," Klaus shrugs. "It's been, what? Three, four years since we last made plans to go?"

"Right. And then you got desiccated that same day by Stefan and Damon. And then Alaric staked you in the chest," Rory teases.

Klaus rolls his eyes fondly. "It was a yes or no question, darling."

"Yes," Rory lifts his hand to her lips, pressing a kiss against his knuckles. "Yeah, when everything is over, let's go to Spain."

Klaus wraps his arms around her, pulling her into a gentle kiss. Rory cups the back of his neck, lightly curling her fingers over his skin. Just as Klaus tugs her closer, Rory's phone buzzes in her pocket. She pulls away from Klaus' embrace, tugging the mobile phone out of her pocket. To her surprise, it's a message from Cami.

Lafayette Cemetery. 10 minutes. Bring my dark objects and come alone.

"No," Klaus says immediately as Rory lifts her gaze from her phone.

"Okay, first of all—reading my texts without consent is rude," Rory locks her phone and slips it back into her pocket. "And second of all, I think this is a surrender."

"Asking you to come alone with a bag full of cursed objects whilst Cami holds the upper hand with the white oak is not a surrender, Rory."

"Listen, do you want that thing or not?" Rory crosses her arms over her chest.