A New View: Part Two

This is a continuation of A New View. So, if you haven't read that, I suggest you read it. If you don't or haven't, it's fine. I think you can read this without reading the first.

Loki was doing well for himself. Of course you tried to help him in any way you could. It had been five months since he came into your life, and he already meant so much to you.

You helped him pick out everything for his room mainly by describing the objects and colors. You also would let him feel objects as well. In the end, you managed to get his room looking like an Earth version of his Asgardian room, at least that's what he said.

You also often times helped guide him and always had your arm hooked with his. Especially when you were teaching him the layout of your house. You also bought a cane for him to use. He became dedicated to learning how to walk with it.

While he would practice, you would stay near him and watch videos about how to respect a blind person and what you and Loki could do. You knew Loki could do anything he set his mind to. You both just had to find the way for him to do those things.

It was only a few days ago that Loki decided he wanted a guide dog. You did everything to get it setup for him, and the smile on his face made you so happy.

The drive to get him to the school was hard on you. You wouldn't let Loki know, so you put on music to distract you. This was a good thing, but he was going to be gone for three and a half weeks. The closer you got to the school, the slower you wanted to drive. You finally made it, and you parked. You stayed still and looked to Loki. He knew you made it, but he didn't get out of the car since you hadn't spoken.

"Loki, I'm so excited for you. I'm just going to miss you."

He looked to you and reached out to grab your hand. "I'm going to miss you too y/n, but I promise I'll text you during the day and video call you at night."

You squeezed his hand. "Well... I guess we better get you inside."

Loki nodded, and you both got out of the car. You unloaded his bags, and he carried one. You carried the other. When you both got in, he signed in. Then, since you kept your arm hooked in his, he looked to you. You thought for a moment he looked sad before a smile appeared.

"It'll probably be faster than we both realize. Can... Can you text me when you get home?"

"I'll make sure it's the first thing I do." You laughed then you unhooked your arm with his. You gave him the backpack so he could put it on. Then, you hugged him. He returned the hug, and you didn't want to let go. Eventually, you let go to watch him go in the direction the people told him to go.

When you got home, you made sure to text him. He sent you a message saying he just met the other people who were getting guide dogs.

The first few days were okay. You would text and video call. You were fine. By the second week, you were feeling glum. You stayed in your pyjamas and watched Netflix. That's when your phone rang.

You answered it to see Loki.

"Y/n, I just got my dog today. Sorry I didn't text. Today's just been really busy. She's a Black Labrador, and her name is Leena."

You could hear the voice on his phone to help him switch the camera. When he did, you saw his guide dog and couldn't help but aww.

"Her fur looks so soft." You spoke as you saw his hand pet her fur.

"It is. Well, I just wanted to show her to you. I'm really tired, so I'm going to go to bed now."

"Okay Loki. I'll talk to you tomorrow."