The Champion

Loki's POV

After the events of New York my punishment was to be sent to another planet so they could deal with my problems. Sakaar.

I was a slave forced to enter competitions where you had to kill in order to survive. It made me feel even more a monster than ever. If my "brother" and "father" hadn't forced me to fight in battles and war, I'd probably be dead on the first day.

Over the months I'd been there, the one who called himself grandmaster made me the champion. I was treated better than all his other "workers", but this was not a life I wanted to live. It was far better than being tortured in the realm of Thanos.

The only benefit of being the grand champion was that I didn't have to fight until the end of the day when only one other competitive remained.

Currently they were prepping me for battle. They painted the two lines over my eye and placed the unprotective helm on my forehead. They left my suit on the bed for me to get changed. Once I was finished a guard escorted me to where I would enter into the arena.

You would think after entering a battle feild after countless times one wouldn't be scared. That is far from the truth. Each time as I waited for those colossal doors to open fear flowed through my veins. I never knew what was going to be behind those doors.

I heard the exact same intro the grandmaster would say to introduce me. The doors finally opened, and I walked out trying to look emotionless.

It was an alien from another planet. It didn't make me feel any better that I had to kill the being.

All too often I'd go to bed crying until I fell asleep. Even if I did manage to fall asleep, most nights I'd be waken up by night terrors.

Once again I was face to face with those doors. It's like reading the exact same book over and over once again. The story was always the same. Every single detail you knew, and you knew when it was going to happen. Again. Again. Again. The only difference was that only one character would change everytime you read it, and it was always the same one.

I continued to battle until I heard the Grandmaster yell stop.

"Well well well... Everyone it seems we will be losing our grand champion to a higher bidder."

Boos came from the crowd, and I became very nervous.

"I know. I know. Boo all you want, but who determines what happens?"

"You!" The crowd yelled.

"That is right."

While he was talking I looked up to where he was, and I noticed a figure walk up to the large glass wall. They were in a midnight blue cloak, and the hood veiled their face. Even though I couldn't see their face, I could feel them only looking at me. I knew this was the "highest bidder".

I couldn't help but cry when they killed the opponent. Another guard took me away and walked me in a new direction. I was met with the grandmaster and the hooded figure.

"Ah! The champion. Yes this is who shall be taking you. Oh parting is such sweet sorrow ya know? Anyway." He patted me, and it disgusted me. "Well off you go to your new planet."

He pushed me near the person, and then they spoke.

"Grand, you know I can't have him leaving all dirty like this. He needs to be cleaned and clothed in only the finest. He is the champion after all."

The person's voice was distorted, and I assumed it was to conceal their identity.

"Fine, but you will do it yourself." He waved his hand and began to walk away.