Home

Today Loki was supposed to be returning from war with his brother after his father made him go. It had been almost a year since all the warriors left. You hated that Odin made Loki go of to war, but you made sure not to voice your opinion in front of the wrong kind of people who liked to gossip.

Without really thinking about it you put on a black and gold dress with emerald jewelery. Then you got on your horse and traveled to the bifrost. The cool air on your face made you sigh, because it reminded you of how cool Loki felt when you would hug him.

You finally reached the bifrost and got off your horse. You walked up to Heimdall and hugged him.

"Hello y/n. I'm fixing to open the bifrost for the princes and the warriors. Would you like to open it instead?" He smiled. Heimdall had always been so nice to you, probably because you were so nice to him. You probably were the nicest person to him in his opinion.

"Really? I'd love to!" You giggled, and he moved away so you could get to the sword.

The sword was already placed, so you grabbed the hilt with both your hands and lowered it in its place before turning it to the side. You watched as the bifrost began to move, and you let go of the sword. Then all the warriors began to walk through the bifrost. You were anxious to see Loki after so long.

Then Thor entered and nodded to you as he walked out of the bifrost. When you turned back around, Loki walked through, and his eyes became glossy as his lips twitched upward.

"Loki... You're home." You smiled as you hurried down the stairs to get to him.

He then began to smile as he also ran to you. Once you made it to each other you jumped in his arms, and he lifted you up as he swayed with you. You hugged him tightly, and he rubbed your back before he eventually put you down.

When you pulled away, Loki placed his hands on your cheeks, and he looked deeply in your eyes.

"Loki... What's the matter?"

"I haven't seen your face in almost a year darling, but yet you encouraged me to keep fighting and to keep living so I could one day see you again. Y/n... All this time it was you. You were my home, and you are my home." He then wiped a tear from your cheek, "I should've told you this a long time ago, but I love you so much y/n. I had to tell you at least once in case something were to happen to me."

"Loki, I... I love you too." You whispered as tears of joy pooled down your face.

He smiled as he placed his forehead against your own. He lowered his hands from your cheeks bringing them to his sides as he held your hands.

"I hope your father never sends you away ever again." You whispered.

"If he does, then we would run away, or I would take you with me if it's not war." He whispered in return.

"I don't mean to interrupt your bonding my prince and y/n, but I'm fixing to open the bifrost so the guards can bring in the prisoners." Heimdall spoke.

When you opened your eyes you were outside of your door. Loki must've teleported you both there. He looked to you with such love.

"It is getting late my love, let us rest, and tomorrow we can go on an adventure. Before I go, may I bestow a good night's kiss to you?"

"You may." You smiled.

He leaned to you and connected his lips to your own. You closed your eyes and felt your heartbeat jump several beats. When he pulled away you couldn't help but kiss him one more time. He smiled ever fond of your touch.

"I know that you are probably exhausted, but I wish we could stay up and watch the stars. Tonight or tomorrow night I heard there was to be a meteor shower, and I was hoping to watch it with you." You sighed looking to the bronze floor.

"Alright then my darling. We can watch to see if there will be a shower out on your balcony. That way we'll be safe and under shelter if I were to accidentally fall asleep."

Your eyes lit up as you looked back to him. "Really, are you sure?"

"Of course I am y/n." He nodded.

You smiled taking his hand in your own as you lead him to your balcony. The rest of the night you spent in each other's arms watching the stars in the sky. Even when Loki fell asleep, you remained in his arms placing a chaste kiss on his lips and forehead before you too fell asleep under the canopy of twinkling stars, happy that your Loki had safely returned to you... To his home.