Where Were You?

This story was inspired by readers like you. (Thinks of Arthur days).

"I'll be there for you Loki. I always will be there even when your brother and his friends are not. Okay? I promise... I vow it to you Loki. You have my word." The little you held little Loki's hand and you kissed his cheek.

"I Loki of Asguard promise to do the same for you my princess."

That was several hundred years ago. Now you and Loki by Earth years were young adults. You never failed to keep your word. Anytime Loki was left out you were at his side. When he was being bullied or teased you stood up for him and made the bullies regret their choices. You continued to be a true friend to Loki and eventually that friendship type love blossomed into stirrings of true love.

As the years carried on, you felt like a weight was dragging you down. You felt like you were the only one holding onto their promise. It left you heartbroken, and yet your heart wasn't completely shattered because you still managed to love him regardless.

You hadn't even seen him in the past month which to most Asguardians was only a minute. To you it was a lifetime. You missed him and you hated being continually hurt. You were getting tired of everything.

You walked barefoot to the library feeling the cold stone of the floor on your feet. It reminded you of Loki's cool hands. You picked up a book and took it with your to a little windowsill big enough that pillows were laid on it so people could sit and enjoy the scenery.

Before you began to read your book you noticed Loki outside. You could hear the conversation Frandral and the other boys were having with him.

"So Loki. Why do you hang out with that weird girl? What's so special about her?"

"Yeah she's not nobility. She's not even training to be a warrior."

Loki stared at them all as they continued to speak so poorly of you. You were hoping he'd defend you, but he never did. He and the others left and you held back the tears pooling in your eyes. You just wanted your Loki back. That's all.

You wiped your eyes and opened the book beginning to read. You read till you got halfway through the book accidentally falling asleep on the comfy pillows.

Loki walked into the library on his own as he was fixing to get another spell book. However he noticed the figure on the windowsill. Upon further inspection he realized it was you asleep.

Loki felt it would be best to take you to his room, so he picked you up bridal style. He placed you down on his bed putting the blankets over you. He sat down right beside you in his reading chair.

When you woke up you noticed you weren't in the library. You definitely weren't in your room. You were in Loki's room. You were mad.

"Why am I in your room Loki?"

"You fell asleep in the library?"

"Well you could've taken me to my room."

"My room was closer."

"Oh. You're room was closer hmmm. Why did you even take me anyways. I figured you'd leave me there so everyone could mock me for falling asleep in the library."

"What do you mean?"

"Oh you know what I mean Loki."

"No... I actually don't."

"Well you should for crying out loud. Do you not remember about our childhood?" You clutched the sides of your dress.

"Yes what about it?"

"We made a promise Loki. We made a promise to be there for each other. You promised Loki. Where were you Loki? I kept my promise. I was there for you all the way. I was there when Thor and the others left you even though you go back to them. I defended you when others made fun of you. I did everything I could to make you feel better even if it got me in trouble because that's what friends do. Where were you though Loki? You were there at the beginning, but you slowly have began to fade away. I haven't seen you in a month Loki."

"That isn't long."

"Isn't long? Isn't long! It's long to me Loki. You know I lost my parents when they were young oh my planet. Where were you when I was being bullied huh? Where were you when I was feeling sad and needed someone. You are all I have Loki. Your were my friend, but you've shattered my heart breaking our promise. *Que gif* I thought you'd defended me out there with your friends. I thought you might say she's not weird she's unique and my friend. I thought you would say no Thor you're wrong y/n is nobility. If you would remember she was sent here from Bokrousha. She should actually be their Queen if the planet wasn't destroyed so technically she's still nobility. I don't know Loki. I just feel like for so long I've kept my promise, but you just let things get in the way and you decided you'd rather be with horrible people than with me." You hugged yourself trying not to cry.

"I.. I'm sorry. I didn't realize I was being such a bad friend."

"You know my heart is somewhat broken and I'm somewhat mad, but yet I still have something in my heart."

"What it's it dear?"

You looked up to him. This was now or never. "Forgiveness... And love."

You stared at him for a while until he understood. "Oh... Oh... Y/n now I really feel terrible for not being at your side."

"It's okay Loki. I loved you for this long. I still do, and there is nothing that can change my mind about that." You kissed his cheek.

"I... Still am sorry, but I love you too. I would like to try to fufil that promise now. "

"I'd like that a lot. Can we stay in here today and cuddle and read."

He kissed your cheek "Of course my love. Of course."