Chapter 5 - Dreamer isn't a brat!

~~~ Ray and Gentle

Eventually both Ray and Gentle had gotten dressed and ready for the evening. To be honest Ray was feeing rather nervous right now. He was feeling nervous because he almost wasn't sure how to act with Gentle. She had shared the bed with both him and Flitter before and the three of them knew their feelings. Without Flitter in the picture he simply wasn't sure how to act around her. Frankly it almost felt like he was moving back to step one after he had renamed her.

When Gentle arrived, Ray stepped out of the entrance of the temple and moved towards her. He took her hands and looked up at her and gave her a shy smile, "You look lovely tonight Gentle and thank you for coming." He had gotten used to being so much shorter than she was and stood on his toes as he tilted his head up towards her.

She lowered her ears at the compliment and leaned down and gave him a kiss. She was feeling nervous herself and the kiss was soft and tentative, "You look lovely as well Ray. Thank you for inviting me over. I am looking forward to spending time with you." When he turned and wrapped an arm around her waist, she returned the favor. She wrapped an arm around his shoulders and enjoyed the contact.

"Vyra and several others did a wonderful job on the room and the food will be here very shortly. I hope you enjoy it and the evening. I have the room booked until tomorrow and I plan on making good use of it. I am going to cuddle with you and relax, maybe giggle some, and have a good time." He leaned against her as they slowly walked into the building, "With Hands and the others at the house we can go straight to the room and get comfortable."

Gentle had to smile at him, "I am sure they did, and I was told something along the lines of neither hide nor hair of mine shall be seen before tomorrow at noon. I think they are trying to tell me I am working too hard."

Ray had to laugh quietly at her comment, "Well at least you get to work. I am only allowed to do pack work for part of the morning and the rest of the day specialized training." He had to groan, "They even decided to give me the same tests they gave Hands and Misty. I did school and college darn it. Oh well it will give me a better foundation on Folicia in general."

As they were walking in several girls had to stop and say hello to both. He had to work really hard not to grumble at the older girls who were giving him the eyeball, *I swear I have to worry at times about being kidnapped by the girls who have reached their majority. Sometimes I feel like a piece of meat on display.*

Gentle barely managed not to snort and snicker though her ears were showing her amusement of his comment, *Well I am here to keep you safe for the night. Now if you did pick up one of the new adults you might get grumbled at if you didn't take care of your pack first...* She winked at him, *I suppose we could loan you to the Harem for a couple of weeks and bring in some extra cash for the pack.*

Ray pretended to rub his chin at what she teased him about, "Well it might get me back in the mood for everyone. I'll have to contemplate it and let you know." By then they made it to the room and he opened the door and walked in and had to pause, "Oh wow, they really out did themselves." There were candle substitutes scattered around, soft music playing, a bottle of wine on ice, and a lovely flower centerpiece. As the door slid shut, he turned towards Gentle and wrapped his arms around her and sniffed as he tried not to cry.

She wrapped her arms around him and held him close, "They did do a wonderful job for both of us. We will have to make sure and thank them tomorrow." Gentle rubbed her cheek on the top of his head and let out a contented sigh, "I think it's also their way of telling me they accept me as the Pack Mother. I have been so nervous about them thinking I was trying to fill Flitters paw prints."