Chapter 1 - I'm pregnant?

Books in the Folician Chronicles series

Dog Got Your Tongue – Folician Chronicles 1

Homecoming – Folician Chronicles 2

The Temple – Folician Chronicles 3

We have to keep moving forward – Folician Chronicles 4

The Goddess and the Pack Lord – Folician Chronicles 5

The Past is the Future – Folician Chronicles 6

Dawn of Hope – Folician Chronicles 7

A Folician Christmas

The Terran Enclave – Klithian Chronicles 1

A New Balance – Life and Death – Klithian Chronicles 2 (in progress)

~~~ Gloria finds she pregnant

Gloria was staring at the EPT in her hand and was shocked it was positive. She hadn't really paid attention when her period hadn't come since she was on BC and tended to do it to her body. All she could do was stand there staring at the innocent little stick with the Plus showing positive. What the hell was she going to do now?

She sighed as she repeated the second test a week later and it was still saying she was pregnant. To be honest she wasn't sure how she wanted to feel now. Most females dreamed of having babies at some point or another, but it wasn't something she had been planning currently. She had other things she wanted to accomplish before contemplating babies and who she might want to be the father.

The next morning as she went to work, she went in a few minutes early and waited for her boss. When Simon came in, he gave her an odd look, "I'm thinking you need to talk about something correct? Since you already made the coffee let me get a cup and we can talk for a few minutes." Once he had his coffee he walked to the office and settled down. Once he was seated, he waved her towards one of the other seats, "What do you need to talk about?"

After closing the door and sitting down she blushed and looked at the floor, "I am pregnant Simon and I need to talk to Ray. He is the father since he is the only man I've been with in the last few years. The problem is I don't know where he is right now. I'm hoping you know where he might be, so I can at the very least get a letter to him."

He didn't even bother blinking and simply gave her a warm smile, "I'm not sure why, but I had a feeling about this. I don't know where he is, but I can get a message forwarded to him. Write out a note or letter, seal it and let me have it and I'll take care of it."

She looked up at him and gave him a good nod, "Thank you Simon and I hope you are able to get..." She turned pale and scooted out of the room and headed towards the bathroom.

~~~ Simon and Gloria go to the ship

Simon was sitting in his office when the implant he had been given chimed and he twitched. He was getting used to it since the tiny group of Folicians were using him as a source of information. Normally though they would send to him in the evenings as they had questions on some aspect of items Ray was starting to import to Folicia. There was also a tiny very specialty market for some items from Folicia which was mostly artwork.

This though was not a normal contact request, *Yes, this is Simon speaking.* Since he had no idea who it was he figured it was the best way.

*Greetings Vet Father Simon. This is Captain Fury of the FSS Solar Wind. When would be a good time to bring you aboard for your final medical check and to discuss if you still wish to spend the next two months aboard?* Since she hadn't the same experience with humans, now, Senior Capt. Vyra had she was being formal. It was to do her best not to chance offending the recommended human.