Chapter 2 Ray gets kidnapped by Pack Liraque

~~~ Ray recovers from his trip to the past

Ray was sitting there on the bed looking horribly annoyed as well as revolted. He was still trying to process the memories from the past. They were separate from him for the most part, but he had lived the lives of both the male and female. When Dancer and the doctor walked into the room, he had wrapped his arms around his chest and shuddered.

"I am so not ever taking another mug of anything from him." He shuddered again and looked at Dancer, "So why am I here?" His memory of what happened was at best fuzzy. His eyes widened, "What happened to Hands and Misty? Are they and the little girls okay?" As he was talking, he could feel another lovely headache approaching. He had never had a migraine, but he had friends who had and what they described was what he was starting to feel.

Dancer almost laughed at his first comment. Instead she came over and settled on the edge of the scan bed, "Which male might you be talking about and where did you get this drink from? You have been here for about two weeks in a coma." Her expression became very serious, "As far as the cause of the coma, you lost control of your powers and they were feeding back on your feelings. I am telling you this because until we get some serious training for you, leaving the temple would be a bad mistake."

The doctor took over and moved forward some, "Hands is doing fine and so are the girls and Sunny's mother also. Let me give you something to help with the pain. Once it's reduced sufficiently, I'll see about moving you to a bed in the medical ward. For the next week or so you are going to need to remain there. It's shielded from most emotions from the surrounding students and supplicants. You can have visitors as long as they keep their emotions under control."

Ray was listening as best possible though the pain was making it hard, "Um, the male was in the Goddess's realm and I think she introduced him as the deity for males. Don't make me swear to it since I can't think very well now." Moments later the doctor pressed a hypoderm to his neck and the pain receded some, "How did I lose control? I have never had a problem like it before which I know of."

Dancer reached over and lightly touched his cheek, "We believe when you and Flitter became mates it was a close enough bond you were using her knowledge to control your powers. When she was taken back by the Goddess you lost most of her knowledge. This bond you had with Flitter is the first of its kind and we simply didn't have the knowledge of how it was impacting on the two of you. Since we know this much, you are going to need to stay here for some time to learn how to control your power. Once we are sure you have basics down you will be expected to come here part time to keep the training up."

When she mentioned Flitter, he lowered his head and gave a heavy sigh, "I still miss her so much. I swear some days I'll turn, and she will be standing behind me holding one of our pups." He lifted one hand to his face and rubbed it to try and wipe the traces of longing away, "I, I think I need to lay down and try and sleep."

Dancer wrapped her arms around him and stroked his back, "I understand Rayfuso, I really do since she was such a lovely Liraque and woman. I'll inform your pack and siblings you are awake and when they can start coming and visiting. It can only be one or two at a time though and not too many each day. Once you are out of the medical ward, we'll make arrangements for Gerdal and the pack matriarch to see you. I'll get an office set aside for your use." She had to ask though, "So what did you mean by man not supposed to know some things?"

Ray leaned into her hug and felt a calming presence from her, "My little bro and sister first though. After them, Gentle and our pups, I also want Flitter's pups here as well." When she asked about what he meant he had to shudder, "I don't know how to explain it and I am not sure how much I am supposed to tell you at the moment." He looked at the doctor, "I need to speak to my Temple Mother as Liraque to Liraque." She nodded and left the room.