Chapter 11 - Hello Sees Far, I am an avatar of our gods

~~~ Ray meets the Dragons

The being turned and looked at the male as he mentally contacted him and sat up. There wasn't any sort of fear or subservience in the touch and it had a comfortable confidence to it, *Well I suppose I would be lying if I said no and I don't lie.*

Ray snorted, *Just because you don't lie doesn't mean you tell the truth. Lying can be done by misdirection as well as simply not saying the entire truth. So what pray tell are you doing with and to my people?* Ray didn't know how much time they might have to talk and didn't want to chance losing the temporary power he had over the conversation. The being definitely hadn't been expecting anyone to be able to see him which was a bonus.

The being had to smile since it was a rather advanced concept, *How interesting and I can tell you are not from this time. Why don't you come with me and we can talk. We'll go to the viewing room so you can see what 'your people' are doing.* The phrase rather intrigued him and he was more than interested to get to the bottom of this.

Ray smiled at him *Before we do tell me why you have a human aboard the ship? Well I assume this is a ship since I am sure whatever you are doing needs better control than being on the surface.* At the moment he was feeling out the creatures reaction and seeing how close or how far from the truth he was.

The shimmer frowned at him and approached. Ray didn't move but he hardened his expression, *Don't. If you try anything against me I have a feeling you really won't like the results.* He simply smiled at the shimmer since he could feel it frowning at him.

*I simply wish to know how much you know since it will shorten the time needed to talk. Nothing more and nothing less.* His hand kept moving forward and then paused and whatever was behind the shield gave a grunting laugh, *Oh please, zombies, brains dribbling out of parts of your skull? I am not sure what to make of this concern of probing. It makes no sense to me.*

Ray had to cough a few times to cover his laughter and to avoid waking the pack. When he had gotten the video of Simon being 'probed' he had laughed so hard Gentle had bonked him. Her reaction had been as good as Flitter's would have been, *Well just keep in mind the Goddess of Fertility is expecting me to visit during her next heat so... Be gentle.*

The shimmer had raised his hand and paused and frowned. This individual was most definitely strange and seemed to enjoy it. He was so odd to the being and his humor was frankly childish, but it seemed to endear him to his pack. The warning to be gentle also made him pause and he narrowed his eyes. He placed a finger in the middle of Ray's forehead and twitched. Since he was more than curious about this probing thing he inadvertently called the memory up and shuddered, *What the hell did you have done to him?*

Ray couldn't help it this time and thank goodness his gut-wrenching howls of laughter didn't wake anyone, *Oh man, you bought it? It's an ongoing joke between us. I sent instructions for them to mention probing and he felt driven to repay the favor and even better. So did you find what you wanted?* He could feel the shimmer narrowing its eyes at him and he settled for a neutral smile.

*I did now come with me since I shouldn't keep these asleep much longer.* He gestured and Ray floated out of the body as the Folician lay back down and appeared to go back to sleep. Once Ray was entirely out of the body the creature narrowed his eyes again, *How are you such as her? Your two species shouldn't have met as of yet.* He contemplated Ray and then gave a sharp nod, *I see; you are not as of these. I can sense the trails of Tachyon Particles about you. I'll have to have the Denbora Lord take a look.*

Ray rolled his eyes at the being and settled for floating along behind him. To be honest it amused him since he was sitting there cross legged and floating about three feet off the floor. When he floated through a stone wall it was most definitely creepy since he could almost feel like the stone was passing through him. Once on the other side he found himself standing and back in his human form, *So am I going to get some answers to my questions?*