Chapter 25

I can't believe what I just did.

I hurt her.

This is so fucked up

"Freya." I called out as she left, but she didn't turn back. I bet she was terribly hurt.

All because I wanted to get out of here.

Minutes later, I went home to find everyone except Freya.

"You're leaving now?" Carmen asked.

I nodded, "Uh, where's Freya?"

"In her room. She was crying. She said you were saying goodbye."

I was surprised. She lied just for everyone to still treat me kindly. She is a good woman. I still can't believe I hurt someone precious like her.

I then nodded and went to my room to pack my other things. I then went to Freya's room and tried to knock but I couldn't. I hurt her so much I bet she hates me now. I couldn't face her so I left but not before everyone said goodbye.

I then went to Ormoc and stayed for a day before I went to Cebu. Afterwards, I stayed for a day before I took a plane to Manila. As I was in Manila, I stayed in the same hotel and planned to leave tomorrow. At night, I tried to open my camera and looked at all the photos. I smiled at some photos. But I frowned at most photos of Freya.

I missed her.

For the weeks that I've stayed here, she became my everything. But now, I've lost her. And it hurts for me.

The next day, I went to the airport to prepare for the flight which is tonight when my phone rang. I then saw Carmen on the phone and I replied.

"Hello Carmen."

"Harry, where are you? Are you home?"

"No. I'm in Manila right now. Why?"

"Jaime and Maria are in Ormoc right now. They are hospitalized."

No. They're not dying out. Not today.

"What?" I was shocked, "Okay. I'll uh... be on my way."

I hurriedly canceled my trip home and bought another ticket to Tacloban airport. Few minutes later, the flight to Tacloban happened and I took the flight. As I reached to Tacloban, I immediately took a trip to Ormoc. 2 hours later, I reached Ormoc terminal and decided to walk my way to Ormoc Doctors Hospital, where Maria and Jaime are.

I then reached the hospital with Carmen hugging me and I saw everyone. Even Freya, who is too nervous, she couldn't look at anybody.

"Glad you could make it Harry." Carmen said.

"I immediately went here the moment you called me about it. I was so worried."

"How about your ticket home?"

"I canceled it. I also decided to maybe move my flight to 2 weeks again."

She nodded. I then looked at the hospital room to see Jaime and Maria both unconscious, "Oh my God." I muttered.

~~~

"Hello?"

"Philippine Airlines."

"Yes. I'm Harry Styles."

"What can we do for you sir?"

"Listen, can you cancel my early trip ticket and go back to my original trip?"

"Go back to your trip ticket two weeks later?"

"Yes. Um....I'm really sorry but something came up."

"There might be complications sir. But, we'll try to get to it."

"Thank you. Thank you so much." I said as I hanged up.

I decided to go back to my original trip. I decided to do so since I need to be with Maria and Jaime for some time.

After calling, I then saw a doctor approaching Carmen and Mayor Rose. They were talking for a few minutes until they both went in the room. But not before I saw their sad and at-the-point-of-breaking-down expression. I then looked at Freya who bowed her head and looked at the floor. Tacoy then approached her and hugged her.

"Its okay Ma'am Freya."

Then Freya started sobbing. I don't like her this way. I never saw her sob this loud. She indeed treasured these people. The ones that treated us like family. I almost cried at the thought of it. When Macoy hugged her, I went towards them and held Freya's hand. At the moment, I don't care if she hates me. I'm here to comfort her as much as I can.

Moments later, I separated myself from Freya when Tacoy and Macoy were called. I then sat across from her and continued bowing my head, trying to fight back tears. Maria and Jaime are on the verge of dying. I don't want this. Even I don't want them gone. Now's not the time.

"Harry?"

I looked up. She then went towards me and bowed down, opening her arms.

"It's okay. It's okay to cry." She whispered.

I then buried my head on her shoulder and started sobbing. Part of me wanted to refuse her comfort. I hurt her. I don't deserve it. But now, I need it. If I lose Maria and Jaime, the feeling is like losing my best friend a year ago.

I then felt Freya's hand rubbing my back. I also felt her kissing my head. And in that moment, I fell in love again. She was there for me. She became my strength.

Moments later, a nurse called us.

"Mr. Styles? Ms. Mavor? You can now come in."

Harry and I looked at each other and went in the room.