Chapter 21

Then the wedding song started playing.

The first people in the entourage started walking on the aisle. One by one, people started walking until it was my turn. I walked the aisle first before Jaime. As I reached halfway the aisle, the organizer stopped me and guided me to the side of the aisle. She then whispered.

"You'll meet the young bride here."

I nodded.

People continued walking down the aisle until the church door opened, revealing two people. Then Freya started walking down the aisle.

And the world stopped.

She was like a bride. No. She is like an angel from heaven. No. She is an angel. On that day, she became the most beautiful girl that was walking down the aisle. All attention was on her since the bride hasn't walked the aisle yet. Her blond hair was clipped well, well enough to emphasize her angelic face. Her dress perfectly matched her angelic persona. She was holding a flower, and had flower ornaments in her head, which makes it all the more beautiful.

I felt frustrated. How come Freya does not know how fucking beautiful she is.

She is practically an angel.

She has no idea that her look made me all the more scared because how the hell am I supposed to keep that beauty without me destroying that while walking down the aisle?

She's too precious.

I was too preoccupied by thoughts that when her green eyes stared to mine, I suddenly stopped breathing. I then took a breath to calm myself down.

"Hey young bride." I whispered.

"Hey young groom." She smiled.

That smile. It's impossible to resist that smile. And I've known that day when I saw her and her smile in the Spoliarium. Now, I'm up close and personal with the girl who wore that smile.

We then continued walking to the altar and I did not let her go. I did what Jaime told me to do. I brought Freya's hand near to my lips and kissed it before I let her go, my eyes on her while doing it. I then noticed the shock in her eyes. Maybe she's not briefed about this.

Sooner, Maria came. She was so beautiful that her beauty overpowered the cancer. But as Maria walked down the aisle, my eyes were on Freya the entire time. She is at awe again. It's Freya that brought this couple together again. To be honest, Jaime and Maria owed it to her. She's obviously the reason behind all that happened here.

Then the wedding commenced, ending with a vow between the two and the iconic 'kiss the bride'. As they kissed, we all applauded. Finally, after many years of being apart and forbidden love, they finally got married. And are happy.

"Let us congratulate Mr. and Mrs. Jaime Martinez."

Finally, Maria Ablen is now Maria Martinez. After the wedding, pictures were taken. Then the couple went to the church door to release the doves. Maria also went out and threw the flowers. I laughed at the sight of girls trying to catch it. But of all the girls, the one that has no plans of catching the flower caught it.

Freya.

"You got the flower Freya." Mayor Rose shouted, "You know what it means?"

Freya shook her head.

"You're gonna get married next. Or have a boyfriend next to take things slow."

"Um, I don't think so Mayor." She laughed, "A lot has to happen first I guess."

I smiled, hoping deep inside that I'm one of the things that will happen in her life.

After the ceremony, we then proceeded to Jaime's house, where the reception is. We ate dinner for a while and had the bride and groom presentations. They sliced and ate their wedding cake, and even shared wine together. Speeches were given and they also danced with money on their clothes. After the dance, Maria and Jaime announced that everyone should dance with them as well. Everyone then went to the dancefloor. I saw Freya on the corner, drinking 1 glass of wine.

I then decided to lead her into dancing. Freya is so goddamn beautiful and no one asked her to dance? I then approached her.

"May I have the honor?"

She giggled, "And why should I dance with you Mr. Styles?"

And why do you keep asking?

"Cause milady is alone. Seeing a wondrous beauty such as thee alone is truly an agonizing sight for any man." I said, patting my chest, implicating hurt. She then laughed at my joke and took my hand.

"Good thing you're here to rescue this damsel. Thank you Mr. Styles." She said, causing me to laugh. As we went there, I immediately took her hands and placed them on my shoulders while my hands went to her waist. We then swayed to the beat and she leaned her head on my shoulder. I smiled, though it was nervous. I then felt the need to say something.

And I did.

I leaned in whispered in her ear, "I'm glad I met you Freya."

I can't say I like you. Not now.

She then looked at me, smiled, and said the words that skipped my heart a beat, "I'm glad I met you too Harry."