Chapter 6

The three of us were at a carinderia, eating fish, vegetable, and rice in silence. The food was so good so we decided to savor it in silence at the same time, we were thinking on how to give the letter to Maria Ablen without the use of LBC. The three of us looked at the television when the news came on. The news fortunately is using English language. We then listened to the news.

"Good evening Philippines. This is the Evening News. Tonight's news talks about Mayor Rose Linda Ablen-Pelaez of Baguio City, Philippines. She is asking family, friends, and the whole Baguio to pray for her mother who is battling Stage 4 Kidney Cancer."

Then a video of a beautiful, fair, respectable woman appeared on TV. She's appealing to everyone living in the place where she is the mayor.

"I ask for everyone in Baguio City or even everyone in the Philippines to please pray for my mother, Maria Ablen who has Stage 4 cancer."

Suddenly, my attention was drawn when I heard her name. I stopped eating and looked at the television for a while.

"My mother has helped a lot of less fortunate people and children during my father, Mayor Esteban de Dios' time as mayor, making her my role model and the role model of every girl in Baguio. And now she needs the strength and prayers of everyone. For those who continued praying for Maria Ablen, thank you. It really means a lot to our family."

Then the news finished, leaving me wide eyed in shock.

"Wait, Maria Ablen is a mother of a mayor? And she's dying?"

Freya then looked at me after looking at the letter, "I think she's the Maria Ablen on the letter."

I was hesitant. Is she really? There are a lot of Maria Ablen in the Philippines I bet. But my thoughts were cut short with Tacoy.

"Then we should give it to her. I can take us to Baguio." Tacoy said.