Chapter 16

I was at the balcony with Jaime one night, while Freya was at her room. He told me to help the boys tomorrow. He's gonna propose to Maria. I smiled, wishing him good luck and agreeing to help the boys before he left.

The next day, Tacoy approached me and briefed me about what to do. His brother-in-law helped us. The problem is, Macoy's not around. Not even Freya.

"Uh, where's Macoy and Freya?" I asked.

"Naval, Biliran I guess. Distracting Maria."

"Oh."

"Why are you looking for Freya apo?" Jaime asked, smirking.

"Uh-"

"Kasi sabi niya kay Freya, maganda siya. Right Harry? (Because he told Freya that she's beautiful. Right Harry?)"

"Uh..." I shrugged.

"My gosh." Tacoy was shocked, along with her brother-in-law, "You did not..... my gosh."

I chuckled, mouthing a "sorry".

"I only like her as a friend. Come on."

"A friend that took so many photos of his friend."

"It's the view-"

"With Freya. AIYEEE." Tacoy's brother-in-law said, causing Tacoy and Jaime to tease me as well.

I sighed, "Fine. I like her, a lot. More than a friend."

The three smiled and Jaime then tapped me on the shoulder.

"I think it's about time to tell this to her apo." He said as he leaned to me, "Gusto kita."

"Gusto kita?"

"It means I like you."

"And when Freya says gusto rin kita to you, AIYEEEEE." Tacoy said.

"Let me guess, is that I like you too?"

They nodded and smiled, causing me to shake my head.

Moments later, Tacoy called Macoy and told them to come home. Macoy then told us the time that they will arrive home which is 30 minutes to 1 hour. As soon as Macoy's call ended, we hurriedly prepared and polished everything. Jaime also told us to prepare ourselves. I took a bath and dressed up as fast as I could. And helped with settling the guests. Sooner, we heard the arrival of a car. We then realized that it was Freya, Macoy, and Maria already. We then tried to be silent as possible. As Maria went in the house, a sweet Filipino music starts playing. Jaime then stepped out in his best outfit and proposed to Maria. We all rejoiced when Maria said YES. I couldn't contain the happiness. It was indeed a worthy effort. I then realized that I didn't contain myself when I hugged Freya who was beside me.

"Yes. Finally." I shouted. As soon as I realized it, I blushed then let her go, "Sorry Frey-"

But my words were cut when Freya hugged me back. I then hugged her and as we let go, there was awkwardness around us when we saw Maria, Jaime, Macoy and Tacoy smiling at us.

"I bet Maria's winning apo." Jaime said to Macoy.

Uh what? I thought as I caught Freya blushing.

"Group hug." Tacoy shouted as they enveloped Freya and I for a hug. I smiled as Freya giggled.