chapter 7 ~ 𝒎𝒚 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒔

Start from the beginning

     "What's the matter, baby?" he mumbled, pressing a kiss against my forehead.

     "I...Yoongi, I c-can't do this." I pushed myself upright so that our faces were at equal height, his nose a mere inch from my own.

     "What do you mean you 'can't do this'? Yura's not around anymore; it's okay." 

     Yoongi slowly positioned himself next to me on the couch, his hand reaching out to hold my chin between his fingers. He brought our lips together for a quick kiss before pulling away. 

     "No. No, it's not okay, Yoongi." I pulled my knees to my chest, hanging my head between them 

     "But, you ended things with Yura-"

     "This isn't about Yura!" I flinched as I realized my voice had risen angrily. I peered down the hall; thankfully, no one appeared to come yell at me for waking them so early in the morning. With a sigh of relief, I continued in a hushed tone. "It's about Jimin."

     Yoongi narrowed his eyes, ears, and face growing red. "Jimin? What're you into him? You just met!"

     "I'm not!" I whined, feeling tears build up in the backs of my eyes. "This isn't about me and him. It's about you and them. Yoongi, Jimin, Taehyung, and Jungkook are still in love with you. If something happens between us, then that'll hurt them, and I don't want to do that to someone."

     Tears began cascading down my face and I wiped them away angrily. Yoongi stared at me for a long while, his brow furrowed in thought.

     "They are?" he muttered more to himself. Yoongi ran a hand over his forehead and laughed. "Shit. Shit, that's-"

     A broad smile broke out across his face, but when he looked down at my tear-stained, reddened face, it immediately disappeared. He cupped my face in his hands and brought our foreheads together. Instinctively, I reached out and wrapped my arms around his neck, beginning to cry quietly.

     "I love you, Yoongi," I whimpered, shutting my eyes tightly. "But, I can't put myself before other people. Especially when you care about them just as much as they care about you."

     A shuddered sigh pushed its way from Yoongi's lips. He reached down, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me onto his lap. My cries became audible, and I pressed my face in the crooks of Yoongi's neck to hide my face from him. He soothingly rubbed his hands up and down my back.

     "Yumin-ah," he finally whispered after I'd stopped crying.

     "Mmh."

     "Do you have any feelings for those three...at all?"

     After a second thought, I replied, "No. Not really."

     "'Not really'? Do you think they're cute?"

     I could hear the humor laced in Yoongi's tone and I smiled against him, nodding a bit. He chuckled heartily, squeezing my waist. 

     "Can you wait for me? Just a little bit longer?" he hummed, pulling my face into view.

     I stared at him calmly, feeling like I had cried away a few pounds of body weight. My body felt numb and tingly, and leaning up against Yoongi only made me want to go back to sleep. Nodding slowly, I closed my eyes against the pain and fatigue in my mind and body, feeling Yoongi's lips brush against mine.