Why 52?

But seriously, why 52?

I hate maths. Seriously. What the hell is this absurdness of 'surds' and trigonometry?

Yet, numbers (without making myself seem totally sad) are pretty cool.

1.       There’s 52 weeks in a year.

2.       It’s a pretty cool number, let’s be honest.

3.       Christmas is my favourite time of the year. It's absolutely amazing. It falls on December 25th (at least in Britain).

But, as a huge anti-theist and complete atheist – shouldn't that be, ultimately, contradictory?

So turn the 25 around, mould it into what YOU want.

It becomes 52.

The awesome, paradoxically-nihilist, Nietzsche said, "Gott ist tot." Or "God is dead" for those of you who, unfortunately, aren't polyglots.

Well, if you wanna take that literally (as society does to pretty much everything nowadays), you could say: BUT HE WAS NEVER ALIVE.

Just a beautiful, abstract idea.

And ideas are everything. Especially when you have nothing else: so maybe Aiden's obsession is a belief . . .  a faith in logic, rather than in religion and ludicrosity.

And at the same time, it is ludicrous; it is a religion to him.

4.       On the other hand, type into Google right now 'the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything.'

You might already know it.

Secondly, if you've ever read George Orwell's 1984, you'll know that one of the most fundamental ideas is that '2+2=5'.

If you add the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything to the answer of 2 + 2 (stick with me here), you'll get 47.

So how do we get to 52 from there?

Where do we get that other 5 from?

Well, you tell me.