Chapter Twenty One

Começar do início

My eyes trailed to my stomach when I realized he meant they would be able to tell we had had sex last night. My face was immediately red again as I spun on my heel and headed to the bathroom to wash his seed off of me.

I heard his amused laughter as he shut the door behind him and left me to my own thoughts. I let out a deep breath of air as I collected my thoughts once more. 

When my heart finally slowed back to its regular rhythm, I made my way to the shower. I twisted the knob, definitely needing a cold shower, but knowing I wasn't in the mood to bear the temperature at the moment.  I sighed when I stepped into the steaming water and let it run down my back. I needed to get a move on, so I did my business quickly, soaping up my body with some sort of natural sponge that didn't look familiar but smelt absolutely divine. 

It reminded me of lemons and oranges, and something I knew I had never smelt before. I rolled my eyes. Aliens.

I shaved quickly and washed my hair and before I knew it, it had been almost forty-five minutes since Kade had left. I got out, drying myself off as I meandered about, looking for a clean set of clothes to wear. I dropped my towel and leaned over to grab a clean set from the drawer. Black fabric, as usual. It seemed to be the typical Naurian colour.

When warm hands encircled my hips I screamed, jumping forward and whirling around in terror and surprise. When I saw Kade standing there, looking both mischievous and aroused, I narrowed my eyes at him. "You scared the crap out of me." I hissed angrily. 

His eyes trailed down my body, appraising me as the mark on my neck tingled under his gaze. My body relaxed into his touch and I leaned in to him readily. 

Kade exhaled a long breath. "I was expecting you to be dressed by now, Emily." His voice sounded pained as he let his fingers trail along my bare hip. I bit my lip, looking up at him with a small smile. 

He groaned, stepping away from me slowly, as if it was the hardest thing he had ever done. "You are going to be the death of me," He grumbled to himself.

I laughed, turning around as I grabbed my undies and slipped them on, followed by a comfortable pair of black leggings, black bra and... you guessed it, a black baseball tee. I was glad that I was affecting him in this way. I felt confident around him, I felt safe and like I already trusted him with my whole heart. The thought made me stumble a little bit when I was tying up one of my shoes. Kade caught me easily, seeming to be recovered from moments ago. 

Was I smart to be trusting this foreign, gorgeous man? After all... I still didn't even know him that well. I closed my eyes tightly, trying to convince my brain that for once, it needed to shut up and let my heart do the leading... but a part of me warned that maybe I was getting a little too attached too soon... or maybe that was the human in me. 

Either way, my inner monologue wasn't going anywhere any time soon, but we definitely needed to get going or we were going to miss Connor's ceremony. Kade noticed my troubled expression and wordlessly took my hand in his as we left our little sanctuary and headed down the hallway towards the podium that King Kagorth was going to take shortly to begin the ceremony. The place that I had been shot at. 

Sensing my nerves, I felt a light squeeze on my hand and looked up to see Kade staring down at me wordlessly taking in my every expression as the podium came in to view. In truth, this room made me anxious for an entirely different reason than I was sure he realized. Yes, I had been shot. But I had never been the target. And the idea of loosing him made my heart shudder painfully. His eyes narrowed at my reaction and I could see his mouth set as Connor entered the room. I squeezed his hand back, wondering if he could possibly have felt the same way that I did when he had seen me lying on the ground covered in blood.