Ch. 13

Cat's P.O.V

I carried Raph to my own room as I saw Vee take Leo into her room. Raph by surprised was handling this well as half dragged and carried him in my room and to my bed. He grunted in pain as I placed him down making sure his body was on the bed and comfortable. Once he was settled, I turned to go get a damp cloth from the bathroom. But before I could leave, I was stopped by a strong grip around my wrist. I looked over my shoulder to see Raph holding me, looking...scared? 

"Don't leave, please. What if he finds you?" Raph told me with fear in his voice. Never would I hear and see that Raphael, who always had this tough, brave, attitude. Hiding the emotions and seeing this reminds me of how I was when I was younger. I kneeled down hushing the poor scared turtle not caring if he was this powerful turtle Djinni he said he was. He was scared that something would happen.

"It's alright. I'll be right back, I promise." I told rubbing his arm in a calming matter like my parents did when I was scared, mostly when I had to get my shots so that I didn't get sick. My granddad did the same to me. There was a long moment of silence between us before he nodded very slightly, and let go. I went, grabbed and dampened the cloth as quickly as I could, catching sight of Vee getting a few things of her own for Leo probably. Knowing how he had looked like, then was back by his side in a moment. I knelt beside him, and slowly dabbed at the dried blood on his face. I grinned lightly as I thought about it.

"Who would have thought that Djinni bleed." I said getting most of the blood off Raph snorted at that with a small grin of his own.

"We're not so different, you know. We bleed. We cry. We love. We just live long enough to know just how much each one of those hurts." He said closing his eye as I wipe some blood away.

I didn't quite know how to respond to that. I was used to blog posts and showing fittness, not life and death. Although it was very clear that was the world we were now in. I continued to gently wash the handsome turtle Djinni's face. But I couldn't help but feel guilty to what Vee and I caused to these two, I felt tears build up in my eyes.

"You should have run, we're not worth this...I'm not worth this." I said as I stop as I tried to control my tears as one slipped. I didn't want to cry in front of Raph like this, suddenly I felt his own hand over mine as I looked up to see him smile.

"You're both our Summoners. We would lay down our lives for you. That's just how it is. And even if it wasn't...you're our friends, my friend. And our only friends in this land." He said 

I didn't quite know how to respond to that. I never heard anyone other then my sisters saying that to me and maybe some close friends. Maybe its something that I'm probably not use to hearing mostly from a guy mutant, I guess. However after a moment or so I finally felt able to speak.

"So...who was that man? What did he want?" I could't help but ask as I was curious that some evil Djinni was interested in me and Vee. Raph stared before he sighed and had a frown on his face.

"That...that is Shredder the Conqueror. He's the darkness I told you about. The reason why Leo and I were sealed away." He told me, my eyes widen in shock. I hadn't expected that and I bet probably Vee didn't either!

"Him!? That's the guy who brought whole nations to their knees? Why does he want me and Vee?" I asked but I fear this could be something that I didn't want to know what that creep had in mind.

"He was once a man. A ruler in a land not too far from my own. He happened to stumble upon a wish Djinni after he was driving into hiding. He's lost his latest war." I dutifully blotted away as he explained, although my hands were shaking. I was just a female mutant turtle sport and health blogger. How was all of this happening to me and Vee?

"The Djinni granted him many things, but was only so powerful. Shredder grew angry that the Djinni couldn't make him rule the world. So he wished that he could absorb the power of Djinni himself. As he was sure he would be strong enough. And he almost is. Fighting him was....It was the worst thing I've ever experienced. It's clear he wanted the power of both Leonardo and I. The last two Turtle Djinni." He finished.

Shocked to hear how some random man who wanted everything but he didn't accept that there were limits and wanted more. But then in anger made a wish that made him to what he was now. Selfish and yet scary at the same time. However as I spoke my voice was very quiet.

"What are we going to do?" I asked trying not to sound too scared but more concern what might happen. Raph sigh softly as he looked up.

"I do not know. But if he found you two now, he'll find you again. We cannot let that happen." He said fearing for my safety and life probably, Leo must be the same for Vee. I could imagine that as to what the both of us had to face not too long ago. But then I thought of something which made me fear as well as I looked at Raph.

"Why can't you guys run? Please, we'll release you from whatever pact your magic has. If you'll just tell me how. I don't want you guys to die for us." I said as I was troubled, but Raph just smiled up at me, like I was hilarious which I found surprising actually.

"What?"

"I've been a weapon to Sultans, Tsars and Emperors, but only one other person ever saw me as a person, not a tool. I was just thinking how unfair it is that I found someone else who sees me as a friend." He told me.

I was really surprised but understood, I smiled gently at him. The way he had said those things made me thought how many people except for my family and closest friends. Would tell me things that I should have been. Since I didn't know who my real parents were as it still unknown today but that didn't bother me really. But still to what Raph said I could relate to that actually, however since these two came crashing into our lives made things change and become different. Mostly to myself as I never really had a male turtle companion be so kind and understanding towards me. Soemthing I could never really have since nobody had really taken interest in me. However Raphael...made that different for me, changed it even. Without thinking I lifted my hand and let my fingers brushed against the side of his head and let it rest on his shoulder as I still smiled.

"Of course you're my friend. I could never bring myself to not think that after you tried to help." I told him gently my heart was aching seeing him in such pain, but at least I had gotten the blood from his face. Setting the rag down, I picked up a new one that I luckily had damped and then gently rubbed the top of his head gently cleaning some blood and dust. I placed it down before I placed the same hand on his cheek smiling.

"I'll always be your friend, no matter what happens. So you just rest up, okay?" I told him removing my hand from his cheek. 

He nodded, and let his eyes settle closed. As he drifted off into what I assumed was the Djinni version of sleep, my mind churned madly. There was a great destructive force hurtling towards our companions. And I didn't think my killer smoothies and exercises was going to stop it, that include Vee's stuff...I knew that we both had to come up with a plan...and fast.