Ch. 2

Cat P.O.V

By the time we traveled around the block to the museum, we were both soaking wet! I wasn't kidding! I had to take off my bandana and wring it of access water when we got inside. Ugh! I love the rain sometimes but seriously! Its a pain and your hearing from a turtle girl like me! I tied my bandana on my around my neck again. But it seems it wasn't just me and Vee. There came many others for shelter, a dozen people were running here too.

"Geez! This is one hectic rain fall!" I told Vee who nodded in agreement as she squeezed her bun from the water that was in it. Not please that she had to and I know how she feels as I can feel my white bandana sticking against the skin of my neck. However at the entrance, a museum tour guide was holding the door open, motioning people in which included us as well since we had been the first. We were luckily inside in a nice warm dry place which I would take any day. Unfortunately we were making the floor dripping wet from being this wet. So not cool in my opinion!

"Would you look at that storm go! Is everyone alright?" She asked us there were a few murmur of agreements, but most of us were distracted by the storm outside. We both looked outside and saw what almost look like walls of water were slamming against the windows, and the sky was ominously inky. Reminded me of that one time when we went camping when were were younger. Really fascinating I must add. Occasionally, spikes of dramatic lighting would make everything go white, along with the rumbled of the floor as thunder struck. It made both me and Vee cringe at that. Even though it was interesting it sometimes caught you so unexpectedly.

"And on our opening day too..." We looked up when the guide said that as she heaved a sigh and then turned to us. We noticed that she looked quite crisp and professional; she probably loved her job. Although I couldn't say the same for the floor of her work.

"Feel bad for the floor though; hopefully she doesn't mind, taking what we just came in from." Vee whispered to me making me nod in agreement. I could think that it takes a long time to get this floor clean.

"Well, we might as well make the best of a bad situation, right? My name is Angela Valurie, I work as a guide here, and I'd love to take you all on a tour. Free of charge! That sounds like fun, doesn't it?" Angela said. There was another consensus of yesses, although I couldn't help but look at Angela. She had long black raven hair with two coral red streaks which she had in a tight bun just like Vee did and crimson red eyes that seem to sparkle in excitement and profession. But despite that and the funny thing was that she almost looks like Vee which I found really weird but I let it go as I saw the crowd shambling through the hallways. So we followed them to where Angela was to take us.

Although I was a bit chilled and I hate being this wet like this making me want to relax in a warm blanket. Vee could only smiled at me as she knows that I need to be warm. She would have likely rubbed my arms to warm me up. But we were in public so that was a no go. Despite that I let myself enjoy the beauty of history with Vee around us. I know that she loves it as well to observe the histories of the times. Anyways we started off with ancient Egypt. Both of us could tell could tell Angela was incredibly enthusiastic about the subject. That is what we both enjoyed about people with a passion mostly talking about it, there were something invigorating about it. Something that inspire us to do the same for others. Suddenly Angela looked almost sadly with a sad frown on her face as she looked at us.

"Sadly, one of the greatest repositories of history was wiped out in a fire. The Great Library of Alexandria. Scientists theorize that we would be several hundred years ahead of where we are now, if it weren't its destruction." She told us. This surprised me of how long it was and amazed me at the same time.

"Really? Hundreds of years?" I asked making Angela looked at me with a slight smile.

"Yes. Thousands of years of medical research, scientific discovery, philosophy, you name it. Something valuable was destroyed forever." She told me which got my head around the thought which made me smile at that.