Ch. 17

Their time together was over far too quickly. Each of them. While Leo and Raph rested after being healed in the morning, the rest of the gang searched for answers. After discussing, they decided to come to the Cat and Vee's apartment to see if there's any clue. After all, the most dangerous place could be the safest one. But no matter what, they were no closer to finding anything useful out.

"It's useless...we're doomed!" Casey was the first and yet dramatically break the silence between them making the two look up at the human male. Cat nearly rolled her eyes at him when he said that but was a bit worried as well as she thought a bit. Sensing this Vee looked up at Casey.

"Don't say that. There has to be something we can use against Shredder." Vee said hopefully as she moved a burned item as she looked again.

"At least there haven't been any explosions for a while?" April told them as she crossed arms over her chest. That got their attention mostly Vee and Cat's as they looked at each other unease.

"That's just makes us more nervous. He has to be planning something." Cat said as she folded her arms over each other trying to stay calm. Vee tried to stay calm as well her tail was swaying nervously at the thought about what Shredder could do. If he wasn't roaming around looking for them with his explosions that had nearly killed them last time.

"But what?" April couldn't help but ask making them more nervous and wonder.

At that moment Vee's phone rang shrilly, making everyone jump. The ringtone was so unnaturally loud it even woke Leo and Raph. Raph leapt to his feet immediately, brandishing his fists in the dark.

"What manner of forces are attacking us? Show yourself!" Raph said as he continued. Leo yelped in shock when Raph nearly hit him.

"Aah, Raphael! You nearly hit me..." Leo told him glaring as Raph was able to stop as he looked around. Vee sighed at this and waved her hand once in a calming gesture.

"Guys, it's just my phone...chill." She told them a little startled still but nevertheless she picked up the call, however when she and Cat, who was next to her, heard words that chilled them to the bone.

"Shredder knows where you are. Get out of there, right now." The voice on the other line said which both Cat and Vee recognized immediately.

"Huh...? Wait, aren't you the museum guide lady?!" Vee asked pretty shocked that she was calling her.

However at that moment everyone immediately started bombarding them with questions, and they heard Angela sigh. Which made Cat perk up and looked up at Vee who saw that look and nodded.

"Wait, let me put you on speaker..." Vee said before she removed her phone from her ear and then pushed the speaker button before holding the phone up for everyone to hear Angela.

"Can everyone hear me? Good. You have no time to lose." Angela said seriously making them pay attention, "Shredder is on your trail at this very moment. Are you even paying attention to the news?" Angela said before asking this made April frown and took out her phone.

"I am, but there has been nothing...oh! Oh...oh crud!" April began till she looked at her screen and she paled which they saw which didn't sound like good news.

"Five people were just found murdered in what looks like some kind of ritual sacrifice..." She said which made Vee and Cat pale at that thought but they rather not think of it. They had a feeling that this was going to get worse.

"If you look at the set up, it's obviously a ritual of scrying. There's no choice - you need to come meet me at the museum. It's the only safe place for you now. I was hoping for more time to prepare, but it'll have to do. The turtle djinni's - you're listening, right? Move everyone here immediately!" Angela told them before telling Leo and Raph what they had to do. Raph glared at the phone for what this so called woman was telling them.