Painful Memories

You woke up in the morning to rain pouring outside your window. The rain was pretty strong and it had been going on all night. You crawled out of bed and looked at the room you'd slept in. At first you were confused as this didn't look like your room at the hotel. Then the memories of yesterday's events flowed into your mind. You let out a depressed sigh as you realized how you'd lied to everyone. You were still heartbroken bit you didn't know what to do now. What's worse you didn't even know where you were now.

You tried to use the GPS on your phone but there was no reception. It was obvious you were pretty deep in the forest. You decided to go look around the mansion in hopes to find a map or some way out of the forest. Since it was daytime the whole place looked different. In the darkness of night you had barely noticed any of the things in this house.

You figured it would be better to clean yourself up first and to your surprise, the taps were all working in the house. This meant that some one used to live here not too long ago, or maybe still lived there. After taking a quick shower you magicked yourself a nice dress to wear. It had a (f/c) ruffled skirt with puffy long sleeves and a white upper half. You then got out of your room and went down the stairs.

As you descend the stair you examine the mansion that is now more visible in daylight. The staircase is made of dark oak wood and is lined with a crimson carpet. You suddenly feel a bit giddy, its unusual because you had a good night's sleep. You make your way down to the hallway and you see that one of the walls is covered in deer heads and hunting trophies. You walked into the living room and saw a radio there. You proceeded to the dining room, feeling more uneasy with every step you took.

The dinning table looked awfully familiar, as though you'd eaten on it before. Your head hurt more and more by the minute and as you entered the kitchen, your vision shifted. The light in front of you swirled and suddenly your surroundings changed. It was the same old kitchen but it looked newer, and the lighting seemed different.

A man's voice called your name from behind and you turned around startled.

"Good morning, (y/n) dear. I hope you had. A good night's sleep.", the same man from all your dreams stood there in front of you, looking at you with his ruby red eyes. You realized this was his home.

"Oh I slept quite well last night. Like a baby if I should say.", you found the words coming out of your mouth with a hint of joy and splendour.

You realized this was another vision and that what you were seeing was a mere memory. A memory you didn't seem to remember.

"Well that sounds absolutely wonderful. Is breakfast ready yet?", the man spoke so cheerfully that it even made you feel less tense.

You blinked and the man suddenly disappeared from your vision. You looked around you in confusion, when you felt a sudden urge to walk into the living room. As you stepped in you saw flashes of light and the scene in front of you had changed yet again. This time the man was sitting in an arm chair and reading a newspaper. You felt your feet move on their own as they approached the man.

You walked up to side and peeked at him. His face was scanning through the newspaper in full attention. His spectacles rested on his peaceful looking face. You suddenly poked your head in between him and the paper and looked at him with a mischievous smile. He got a bit stunned at your sudden drop in but then instantly gave you a menacing grin. You grabbed the paper and ran to the door.

"Darling, I wasn't done with that. Give it back please.", he shouted getting up from his chair.

"You'll have to catch me first!", you shouted back but he was a lot faster that you'd expected.

Within a flash he'd caught up to you. As you ran for the stairs he hugged you by the waist, holding you captive. You both laughed like children. He began to tickle you around your waist which was your weak spot. Tears began rolling down your cheeks as you laughed uncontrollably. Yet again, in a snap he was gone. You fell to the ground, a few tears in your eyes from all the laughing.

Something wasn't right about these memories, you couldn't remember experiencing a single one of them. Yet they all felt so real, so genuine. You couldn't comprehend what was happening to you right now. It was so strange, like you were remembering some forgotten memories.

But how is that possible?

But what was weirder was that man, you didn't recall ever knowing him. Yet you seemed to share a rather close relationship with him. It was almost as if he was erased from your memory, on purpose.

You got up from the ground and decided it was best to leave this place. You couldn't bare the headache these vision were causing you and the controversies in your head were frightening. Your head felt heavier the closer you got to the door. As you reached for the door your eyes flashed again and the scene changed.

This time the place was dark, you felt a feeling of fear and misery overcome you. You also felt someone's hands wrapped around your waist in a tight hug.

"I'm here for you (y/n).", his voice was reassuring. His hug was comforting.

You turned to face him and you felt tears well up in your eyes.

"I'm scared, Al. What's going to happen to us?", the words escaped your lips.

Al? But that's......it couldn't be......

You looked at his eyes that now had a softened look in them. He held you close.

"There's no need to be scared my dear. For I, Alastor, promise you that we will be perfectly fine. No one shall come between us.", he spoke  reassuringly.

His words seemed surreal. You couldn't believe it was him. This changed everything. It meant you knew him from your past life. What's more it seemed that you were lovers.

But how do I not remember any of this? None of this makes any sense. Its impossible.

You kept thinking of a rational explanation for all of this but you couldn't think of anything. You were thinking of how outrageous this whole event was when you clicked back to reality. You were faced with a devilish sight. The door swung open in front of you to reveal none other than Alastor himself. It dawned on you that if this was Alastor's house from the living world, then it was still his house here.

You stared at his ruby eyes in disbelief as you tried to process everything you'd just witnessed. He on the other hand was boggled by the fact that you were in his house. Poor thing was exhausted from looking for you all night and when he came back home this morning to freshen up, he finds you there. You don't even want to know how confused he is. Even his smile was faltering in confusion.

______________________________________
(A/n): Hope this chapter wasn't too hard to comprehend. I just wasn't sure how to explain this concept. But I'm glad I'm done with this now.