Lies

You gasped in shock as your eyes met with those of the figure in front of you. You quickly slammed the door shut. You slowly creaked it open again hoping it was just your mind playing tricks on you. No luck, the figure was still there and your mouth was gaping open.

"Princess, its very rude to slam doors in people's faces. Her highness would be very displeased with this behaviour of yours.", the angelic being in front of you spoke.

You turned around to see if the others had noticed him but they hadn't seen him yet.

"Who is it (y/n)?", asked Charlie from the couch.

"Oh....uh....its no one......just some bratty kids playing pranks.", you said in an attempt to lie.

"Um.....I'll be right back. Gonna get some.....er....fresh air.", you didn't wait for a response and just got out of the door and closed it behind you.

You then turned to face the man in front of you. He looked to be in his 20's, around your age. He had short brown hair and bright green eyes set in a face with pale skin. He wore white pants and a periwinkle shirt with a royal blue coloured suit on top. His suit was lined with golden rims so as to show his importance. He looked very much human, no horns, fangs or tails. He also held a white cane in his hands that were folded behind his back. He looked like some sort of a prince charming out of a Disney movie.

"Well that wasn't very honest of you princess, but I can't complain. They might take my life if they found out.", the man said with an English accent.

"One, don't call me that and two, what are you doing here Michael?", you asked him with shock.

"Oh, I'm totally fine. All I did was spend weeks in hell looking for you (y/n). Thanks for asking.", his British accent making him sound even more sarcastic.

"I'm sorry Michael but I wasn't exactly expecting to see you here in the first place...wait....Does the queen know?", you asked him the last bit with concern and a little bit of fear.

"Fear not. I haven't reported back to her Highness yet.", he said emotionlessly.

"I suppose I did surprise you, but we don't have time to chat. Come on let's get going, the portals won't stay open all day (y/n).", Michael pulled you by the hand.

You slapped his hand away and took a step backwards.

"I'm not leaving Michael.", you told him with a serious look in your (e/c) eyes.

"Pardon?"

"I said I'm not leaving...Michael.", you said more sternly this time.

"Are you out of your mind? Your telling me you want to stay i-in th-this hell!?", he said with vexation in his voice.

"Hell isn't as bad as they say it is Michael......Its actually a lot better down here then......u-up there. I-I'm finally free to be who I want to be.", your face showed disgust as you spoke of heaven.

"Do you have any idea how hard it was to find you in this dump? I spend weeks out in the street searching for you. And don't even get me started on having to walk and not use my wings."

"Not having wings isn't that bad Michael. Look, I'm getting by just fine. Its actually quite nice."

"Not for me its not. (Y/n) you have to come back. The queen is heartbroken from your disappearance and a bit furious as well. Its not like your going to miss anything down here.....we can make a few adjustments back home if you want but you mist come home.", at this point he was almost begging you.

"No, I can't leave, its not like I have friends up there who actually care about me......I-I've made friends here and they actually care....a-and someone else.", your voice went soft at the last part and you looked down at your feet.