“I have been looking for her for 7 years.” He says, his voice cracking slightly and I nod my head in understanding. “You have no idea what it is like to lose your own daughter and think she is dead for 7 years, I was so angry and upset.” He looks back up at me and shakes his head.

“I have had a week or two to cool off now and I’ve spent some time with her. She’s so polite and kind and happy… you… you brought her up well Dean.” He tells me and I let a small smile slip onto my face but it quickly drops again. I look up at him quickly and walk over to him, putting my hands on his shoulders and looking at him determinedly as he looks up at me confused.

“Let’s go. Away from here Cas, away from this whole split kingdom bullshit. Gabriel can run the angel kingdom brilliantly and Sam can run the demon one. Me, you and Valentina can just run away and get a house in the forest or something. I know this may sound corny and crazy but can we at least try. I’ve spent every day for the past 5 years thinking about how things would be so much easier if we were together and didn’t have separate kingdoms to run. I know you are probably going to say no but you can’t help me for trying. I love Valentina like she was my own child and I love you more than my heart can bare. I have never stopped loving you Castiel and nor will I ever.” We both slip into silence as he just stared at me with his mouth parted open slightly and his eyes wide at my small outburst of emotion. I sigh and turn away from him towards the large window and look out at the view that looks so fantastically beautiful showing a big wide word out there and I can’t help but let my heart reach out towards it. “I understand if you say no Castiel, because me out of all people understand that you have a kingdom to rule here but don’t you just sometimes get sick and tired of the same shit on a different day? Don’t you get sick of the ‘majesties’ and the royal courts and people looking for your advice. We are only one person and people expect us to be all knowing.”

I turn back around to look at him sadly and a tear has slipped from his eyes as he looks back at me, his shoulders are hunched slightly and he looks so small, smaller then I had ever seen him before.

“Let’s go.” He whispers out, staring right through my soul. I look at him in shock and step forward slightly to get a better hearing of what he just said.

“What?”

“Let’s go. I want to go, I don’t want to be king anymore. Please, let’s just go.” He says, choking slightly on his tears. I gasp before a smile makes its way towards my lips and I step even closer to him, letting my hands run forwards and take the back of his head. I put my lips on his forehead and I whisper sweet ‘thank you-s’ to him over and over again. He holds onto my wrists that are on either side of his head and looks up at me, smiling sadly. “I’m going to miss this place.”

“I know you are, but I promise you we will be happy.” I tell him, planting a soft kiss on his lips and he melts into it straight away, bringing his hands down to my waist and holding me there. “Can I see Val?” I ask after we part and he nods his head before turning around and walking out of the study with me following closely behind. We go down the spiral staircase and towards the courtyards where I assumed Val would be. We walk outside to the beautiful courtyard and I see her playing with Gabriel, making a flower crown for him while he moodily sits on the ground and lets her put flowers and plat’s in his hair. She looks up at us and gasps before running over to me and jumping on me, squealing loudly.

“PAPA! PAPA YOU’RE HERE!” She cries over and over again as I hug her tightly.

“Yes baby girl, I’m here.” I whisper, feeling slight conscious of the fact that her real father was watching on sadly. “I have something to tell you okay but first you have to pack a bag.”

“But I don’t want to leave yet papa, I like it here! I like Castiel!”

“Castiel is coming with us baby girl, it will all make sense soon but for now I need you to go pack okay?” I say, smiling at the little girl as she nods her head suspiciously and turns to Castiel.

“You’re coming with us?”

“I’m coming with you.” He states and she smiles broadly before climbing off me and going to hug Castiel. She then runs off towards her clothes which was strange but I assumed Castiel got her new clothes because he could basically do whatever he wanted. Me and him look to each other and smile mysteriously before nodding out heads.

“Where are you going?” Gabriel asks and we both stiffen up before turning to him. Castiel sighs and walks over to his brother, placing his hands on his shoulders and shaking them slightly in comfort.

“Away. I need you to be in charge while I’m gone.” He snaps his fingers and hands Gabriel a piece of parchment which legally states that Gabriel is his heir and pats his cheek when Gabriel looks down on it in horror.

“Where are you going?” Gabriel repeats but Castiel just shakes his head.

“I don’t know, but I don’t think I will be coming back.” With that Castiel kisses the forehead of his brother, bids farewell to him and walks towards me, beckoning me to follow him. I do so and we go towards Valentina’s room where she is packing her things excitedly. Castiel had bought her toys, clothes, bedding and all other kinds of different jewels and items which she treasured to the bottom of her heart. She places them all slowly and gently in her bag and Castiel lifts his fingers up to hurry the process along but I stop him.

“I wouldn’t do that if I where you.” I warn him and he looks at me in confusion. “I’ve done it before and she got really angry with me, emptied the bag and started again.” He laughs slightly and shakes his head before looking back at him in adoration. Finally after a long and stressful experience of having to watch Valentina pack all her things neatly in her bag she finally shuts the latch on it and picks it up, or at least tries to but it proves a bit to heavy for her. I walk over to her and pick it up for her instead and she smiles at me gratefully before skipping over to Castiel and holding onto his hand.

“I will fly out first and you leave through the front doors and start riding out towards the woods. We will meet you at the border. Ride as fast as you can.” I nod to his commands and he leads Valentina out of the room where as I leave it for a few minutes before following them and going down to the grand hall and walking out of the main entrance. The angels look at me suspiciously but I give them no reason to follow me, I pretend to look sad as I hop on the horse and ride out of the city without a backwards glance.

It takes me a day and a half to finally get to the border and find Castiel and Valentina who have pitched a tend and were sitting comfortably around a warm fire as Valentina told him stories about her childhood. He was listening intently as I walked up to them and Val was the first one to notice my arrival as she shot up and came to hug me. I smiled and sat down next to Castiel as she sat in front of us and resumed her story. Somewhere along the lines Castiel’s hand slid into mine, our fingers linking as we sat listening to my-his…. Our daughter ramble on about how she once got her mattress and slid down the huge staircase back at the demon kingdom, back home.

Castiel leaned his head on my shoulder, his eyes drifting shut but Valentina didn’t seem to notice because she was too interested in watching the fire dance around the logs, her own eyes drooping slightly. I smile at how alike Castiel and Valentina were and internally slapped myself for not noticing it sooner. I should have noticed by how her eyes even reminded me of Castiel’s but it didn’t matter now, now we were together and nothing could stand in our way. We were too powerful to be stopped, Crowley would never cross Castiel and I would kill any angel or demon or human or any other being that got close to him or Valentina.

“I think it’s time for bed.” I say and they both mumble out a reply as I laugh at them and stand up, making Castiel’s head droop and him complain and I rip my fingers away from his. “C’mon, bed.” Valentina put her arms up to be carried to bed and I roll my eyes before picking her up and carrying her into the large tent, putting her close to where me and Castiel would be sleeping. Castiel follows close behind us, telling me he had put out the fire and we both lay down, resting our heads on the pillow. Castiel turns and drapes a hand over my stomach and rests his head on my shoulder while I bury my face in his hair. Oh how I’ve missed this.

A/N: See, I don’t just write doom and gloom ! hip hip hooray