Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Ty's POV

Erm... Actually... Do I really want to talk to Adam? I mean, yes, there's a chance it'll make me feel ten times better, but there's also a chance that he hates me now. After all, didn't he say earlier that he couldn't be friends with me anymore?

Or did I just think he said that?

I honestly can't tell anymore.

'He doesn't want to talk to you.'

But why would he come back if he didn't want to find me?

'He has no where else to go, dimwit. He's staying with Jason and Kyra, too.'

Oh.

'Turn around. Go downstairs and sit by Sadie again. She may be stupid and annoying, but she's the only one who accepts you – all of you.'

No- I don't think-

'Do it. Or, better yet, just head over to that bathroom and grab your raz-'

“Ty?”

I look back up the stairs to the second floor and see Adam there. His face lights up, and he practically falls down the stairs. “Ty! Ty, I am so sorry, I am a horrible person, I should have noticed sooner, I didn't- ugh, what is wrong with me?” He wraps his arms around me tightly, and I melt into his embrace. “Oh, Ty... I am so, so sorry.”

“It's okay,” I mumble, letting him hug all the bad thoughts out of me.

“When was the last time you... you know?” he asks tentatively, pulling out of our hug and gently picking up my wrist.

“A f-few days ago,” I answer uncomfortably. Adam seems to pick up on it fairly quickly.

“Oh, we don't have to talk about it if you don't want to,” he assures me, letting my arm drop. “But I want you to know that I'm always here for you, okay? You can tell me anything. Show up at my house – or my bedroom door – with a body, and I'll grab a shovel and help you bury it, I swear.”

I giggle, and Adam smiles. “You're so cute,” he mumbles, and my eyes widen.

“W-What?”

“Hmm? Oh, nothing.”

“Oh. O-Okay. Sorry.”

He shrugs, pulling me into another hug. “Are... uh... Are we still best friends?” he asks quietly.

“What? Of course!”

“Thank goodness,” he breathes, grabbing my hand (only because he can't exactly grab my wrist) and pulling me toward the couch. “I was worried that... well, you know, because Sadie said... and... well...”