Chapter 15

Ty's POV

I would have been an idiot to have allowed Adam to sit down there, alone, with Sadie. That would have been just plain stupid. That would have been relationship suicide.

'Know what's better than relationship suicide?'

I sigh. What?

'Actual suicide.'

I don't have time for this.

I practically stomp down the stairs after Adam, glaring at Sadie as I enter the living room.

“Yay, you're back! I was getting a bit worried about you, seeing as you sprinted up the stairs and locked yourself in a bathroom. I thought you were going to cut aga-”

“SSHHSSHFDSFH JDSLF KAJSLKGJ,” I make weird noises as I clamp my hand over her mouth. Adam, being the oblivious little idiot he is, doesn't seem suspicious. Then again, he's a moderately good actor, so maybe he's just hiding his reaction.

“But I-”

“Shut. Up,” I command, glaring at her again. I used to cut in middle school (because of her; I'm not sure why I stayed friends with her for so long), so she knows that I occasionally cut. Actually, I hadn't cut at all since high school until a few days ago when the voice got to be too much and I just-

Yeah, I'll stop.

“Aw, fine, whatever,” she consents, rolling her eyes. “So, let's talk! I haven't seen you in forever, Ty!”

“And there is certainly a reason for that,” I grumble, crossing my arms.

“Oh, come on, lighten up!” Sadie huffs as Adam pulls me over to the couch.

“I'll be right here the whole time,” Adam whispers in my ear, grabbing onto my hand as we sit down.

And, somehow, that helps.

I nod just to show that I heard him, and then I turn to Sadie. “Okay, fine. You go first, though. How have you been?”

“Absolutely miserable without you, bestie!” she answers immediately, practically glowing with fake happiness. “And you?”

“Okay. I've been okay.” A pause. “So, why exactly did you decide to visit us – erm, me – out of no where?”

“Uh-huh, well, about that-”

“I'm not giving you any money.”

“It's not-”

“I'm not helping you with boy problems.”