Chapter 8

(First of all, chill! It's a Skylox story! Second of all, check out the first part of this story on IMAmudkip's page, or at the link on the side.)

Ty's POV

I stare at the computer screen blankly, trying to get my brain to process what I've seen. After seeing Jocelyn at the theater, dating my brother, I ran. I ran all the way to Jason's house, where I locked myself in one of the bedrooms and opened YouTube to try to forget everything, since it's a better alternative to hurting mys- I won't even say it.

But then I, for some stupid reason, opened up my latest Drug Craft video, the one that caused me to lose a ton of subscribers. And I think that I know why I lost all those subscribers, now. Kind of.

I rewind the video back to the part when that one person commented about me being a fag who wasted his life on YouTube. At this point, I remember thinking about how much that hurt.

Apparently I voiced my thoughts. Video-Me says, “So what if I'm gay? What does it matter?”

I pause the video. I basically just announced to the world that I'm gay. So, it's really no wonder that half my subscribers unsubscribed while a fourth of them posted hate comments everywhere. Oh, yes. Wonderful slip up, Ty. *epic sigh* This sucks. My life sucks. I suck.

I unpause the video. “Would any of you care if I secretly shipped Skylox or something?” Video-Me continues.

REALLY, TY? WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT OUT LOUD? I have got to work on controlling what my mouth does when I zone out or get lost in my thoughts.

But seriously, where are all the Skylox shippers? Eh, probably drowned out by the immense hate. Oh, and look at this beautiful comment: “Looks like 746 people were blinded by the gayness and accidentally pressed the like button.”

REALLY? DON'T YOU PEOPLE HAVE LIVES?

'Oh, shut up. You know you deserve their hatred.'

You shut up.

'You aren't worth anything.'

I said shut up.

'I bet you get a bunch of likes if you'd post a suicide video. Of course, no one likes a liar, so you'd have to go through with it.'

“SHUT UP!” I scream accidentally.

“Ty!” Adam yells, running up the stairs and banging on the door of the room I'm in. “Ty, are you alright?”

“I'm... I'm fine,” I say, just loudly enough for him to hear. Hey... I pretty much admitted that I ship Skylox. On YouTube. To millions of people.

Aw, snap.

What if Adam knows?

'Of course he knows, Smart One, he's the one who told you to check your subscriber count. Surely he's seen the video. Of course he hates you now.'

No. Just no. Anyways, he seemed really sad at the theater when he'd thought I didn't want to talk to him.

'Obviously, he was ashamed that he could be hated by someone as worthless as you. Probably an all-time low for him. You'll never deserve him.'

STAHP IT!

'He was probably incredibly embarrassed. After all, you practically told the world you loved him. I'm sure he doesn't want to be associated with an emo, suicidal fag who hears voices all the time.'

I wouldn't hear voices if you'd stop talking to me.

'I wouldn't be talking to you if you didn't hear voices.'

What. What? That doesn't make sense.

'Your existence doesn't make sense. Surely you mother could sense how much of a failure you would be. I wonder why she didn't get an abortion?'

I'm so done with this conversation. I stand up slowly and close out of the window I had open on the computer. Cautiously, I open the door. “Hi.”

“Thank goodness, Ty, you scared me. I thought you were being attacked or something!” Adam says, breathing a sigh of what looks like relief but is probably disappointment.

“Yeah. Haha. I'm fine,” I say dryly. Then I slam the door in his face. The last thing I see is his shocked expression.

“T-Ty?” he asks softly. “Are you... mad at me?”

No. I'm mad at myself for not being good enough for you. But I suppose I'm also mad at you for being so brilliantly brilliant. “Maybe. Just leave me alone.”

“I... Ty...”

“I said 'leave me alone!'” I shout, locking the door and then sliding down to the floor with my back against the door.

And I can hear him walking away from my room. What the flip did I just do?

☼☼☼

Sup, guys! It's me, hghrules, and if IMAmudkip decides that this is satisfactory and decides to post it, I'll be adopting this story! I've been wanting to make a proper Skylox, and I guess this'll be it. Sadly, I suck at writing past tense in first person, so I'll write in first person present tense instead. Sorry. I don't really have anything else to say, except that I have drama planned. *taps fingers together ominously* Muahahahah! THE FEEEEEELS!

(EDIT: I've prepared my “I'm an idiot” speech. So, here's the deal. A few days after IMAmudkip posted the 'I'm handing it over to hghrules' chapter, I'm sitting here in my living room going, “I wonder when she'll post the actual chapter that I sent her?” Then I went, “Wait... If I'M adopting the story, wouldn't I post it on MY account?” And then..SNAP!” So I messaged her to ask, just to make sure, and now it's finally up. So, yes. I'm a totally idiot. BUT, it's here, now! So sorry for the wait!)