t̡̢̛́̕ẃ̷̶̡͟e̸̡͘̕̕n̛͘͝͠҉t҉̶̛́͘y̴͜͟͠͠ ̶̛̕͜͞f̢̧̨̀͢ì҉̷͡͠v̵͟͠͞͝é̛̛̀͡

Seraphine was never good at expressing her feelings, but that didn't mean she never felt any. It was difficult to think she loved someone, let alone speak it aloud.

She was used to building up walls and keeping herself distanced but she related to Taehyung in a way, and that made her heart feel like it needed him. She wasn't sure what she'd do if she couldn't hear his laugh anymore or see his boxy grin, or if they couldn't participate in their traditional tickle fight on her new couch. It was torture to her heart, watching over him from beside his hospital bed. The sheets were white and the blanket was a pale blue and he was laying on the cot limply, head rolled aside, making his cheek squish against the thin mattress, and arms pinned to his sides, as if he was laying in a casket.

Seraphine waited for him to wake up. He fainted so she brought him here and now he was just resting, and she let him, knowing he needed it.

The air was still and smelled of sterile chemicals and machine beeps swirled around the room, boring and monotone, speaking out for Taehyung's heart and lungs. They sounded like they were at a somewhat normal beat, which was better than a pace too slow or too fast.

Seraphine was worried. She didn't want to be here with Taehyung on the bed, she wanted to be at home, drinking tea with him and laughing when he called her that stupid nickname.

She hated that her brain jumped to the worst scenario, imagining how cold her life would be if Taehyung was sick in some way. Sure he had problems, and dating Taehyung meant dating a psychopath, but Seraphine loved him. She wanted to think that they had something close to forever together, but how was that supposed to happen if he was right here? In a hospital?

Everything would be so empty if he wasn't in her life. She'd have to go back to those days before they met, the ones that dragged by, uneventful. They were sad and full of lonesome and Taehyung wasn't there with his bright smile and honey voice to make them a million times better. She'd be stuck in the little house she built around herself to stay protected, but she'd be held there with nothing but her own thoughts constantly consuming her, reminding her of how pointless her life was, how much it resembled a deep dark void, a bottomless pit.

There was that one time her father had told her a similar story. He made sure to tell her everyday what a pice of shit she was, and all throughout high school he treated her poorly. And it already wasn't easy, being someone who didn't belong where they were, surrounded by judgmental people. It really took a toll on her and bruised her ego quite a bit, as well as her self esteem, and that stayed with her for years. She shadowed herself away from any light and anything good because it just didn't work for her, nothing good ever came her way. She was a tornado, everything around her annoyed and irritated with her because she was just... existing.

But then, oh but then she walked into the convenience store on the corner of the street, planning to purchase some snacks so she could binge eat them, hopefully masking her depressing life with spicy sticks and cigarettes. She didn't expect such a handsome man to be stationed behind the counter, but he was a stranger, why did it matter, so she just got what she needed, a little pissy with his attitude, and left.

Then they met later and without even knowing, when she looked into his beautiful blue eyes that night and invited him inside her apartment, in need of some company, she was signing a contract to give her heart to him. Because the moment she really laid her eyes on him, she became infatuated and ended up seeking him out to make a deal that would keep them closer, together.

Relationships were fucking hard and she learned that with Jungkook, so she didn't want to date Taehyung in the beginning. She just wanted sex, because let's face it, who wouldn't when it was Kim Taehyung, breathtaking visual of the corner convenience store.

But of course her heart got in the way and she began to grow attached and she learned his story and she spilled a little bit of hers and then empathy tied them together, like a thick red rope gluing them to each other. Seraphine felt pity for Taehyung and she was naturally a good person at heart, so she wanted to help him, because she felt bad, and then feelings grew along side that and blurred the image together and now she wasn't just ankles deep in the murky water, she was in over her head.

But it was okay. Because she loved him regardless. It wasn't like she was drowning because Taehyung was there to give her oxygen.

Except, at the moment, he seemed to be getting his own from a machine, so with none to spare, Seraphine was drowning, suffocating, choking.

Literally, if you counted her salty tears.